Getting car ready to sell..URGENT advice needed

Soldato
I am about to start to clean my missus Audi TT so we can get it on the autotrader website in time for Thursdays edition. I am good at cleaning cars and I know what to clean when it comes to selling the car. What I need to know is what can I use to give it that real good shine after the wash.

I havent got any wax or car polish at home and havent got any money to get any till my lady comes home from work and then it could be too late. What can I use instead? Household items I do have in abundance. Will normal spray polish be ok or will it really mess up the paintwork etc..

Please help. This is real urgent.

Caporegime
Don't use houshold sprays, really just don't.

Just take a photo whilst it is still wet, thus it will shine. Get some decent polish and wax before people come to see it, job done :)

Soldato
Are you just worried about how it will look in the photo? TBH I would just make sure its clean as the photos are pretty poor quality so I doubt anyone would notice. As for people coming to look at the car I'd just use a spray on wax, something like Turtle Wax Extreme Speed Wax which looks good and can be quickly (10 mins or so) blasted over an already clean car to make it shine when people come to look at it.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the help guys/girls. I have cleaned the car and I gave it a right good `ol scrubbing.. pics here.:D

Just hope we can sell it in the nest few weeks.. We are getting the 2 weeks option in Autotrader web and magazine..

Soldato
Serj said:
That's gotta be an open bonnet, surely! :confused:
Thats what i was hoping, but if i saw a small picture in AutoTrader and couldn't make out whether a numpty (sorry :p) had left his bonnet open or had been in a front smash i'd probably try other cars first. Surely most people would do the same?

Im just trying to help thats all...

//Edit: droolinggimp you numpty!

Back
Top Bottom