Getting glue off uPVC fascias

Soldato
I've stuck up the corner pieces by glueing them on one side only, to allow for expansion of the fascias, but unbeknown to me, a bit of the superglue got on my fingers and I then touched some parts of the dark brown rosewood effect fascia. There's a few whitish marks which, to be honest, won't be very visible from the ground but I want to have a crack at removing the marks before the scaffolding is removed.

Any ideas on what I can use to remove the marks without damaging the fascia? I have some off cuts I can experiment on.

Thanks

Soldato
If you look on eBay for PVC solvent cleaner, you should find something to help shift the glue. A word of warning, though, it will also soften your silicone sealant, but I find it returns to normal once dry. I'd recommend using the cleaner in a well ventilated placed, as it absolutely stinks and can make you light headed.

Soldato
There's two versions of the Soudal. Solvent free and solvent based. I'd imagine the solvent based would be much better at removing.... anything. But also not great on the lungs.

Associate
yep the company that fitted our new front door used the solvent version of soudal.... three days we were smelling it was a right pain .

Back
Top Bottom