Getting no display

Soldato
Morning all,

So I upgraded my GPU to the 6900 xt from the 1080 To, but after installing it, I'm not getting any display. Things I've tried:

1. Reseated ram
2. Reset CMOS
3. Made sure it was slotted properly (powers on with RGB & fans running )
4. Got sore thumbs making sore the cables were in properly.
5. Tried a different monitor

I had a brief hope that after the white light (which indicates a VGA problem) didn't materialised again that the GPU would display but no such hope.

Worrying, I installed my 1080 Ti again but that no longer displays a signal now either but it was confirmed working yesterday morning before work. Unfortunately I don't have onboard graphics so can't test for sure if it's a cpu/motherboard fault but I've run out of ideas now :(

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a strange issue yesterday. I put in a new 3070ti , went to boot, lights on etc but no display..

I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what it could be..

So I just pushed the power button to turn it off. Gave it a few seconds, tried power again and got a display and is working fine now?

I just don’t get pcs sometimes..

Associate
Weird that the 1080Ti is giving no signal which means that the GPU isn't the issue. What PSU do you have by the way? Does your motherboard have another PCI-e slot you can try? A motherboard speaker would also be handy if you have one laying around. They cost around a pound or so and they can point to what is causing the issue.

Soldato
It sounds like you may have damaged your CPU or motherboard when installing the new GPU. In general, it's important to be very careful when installing new hardware, especially if you're not familiar with the process. Make sure you're following the instructions provided by the manufacturer, and be sure to handle the components carefully.

It's also possible that your new GPU is defective, or that it's not compatible with your system. If you're not getting any display with either your new GPU or your old one, it's possible that the problem is with your motherboard or CPU. I would recommend trying to troubleshoot these components to see if they are the source of the problem.

If you're still having trouble, it may be best to contact the manufacturer of your CPU or motherboard for further assistance. They will be able to provide more detailed information and guidance on how to diagnose and fix the problem.
Strong first post

Soldato
Morning all,

So I upgraded my GPU to the 6900 xt from the 1080 To, but after installing it, I'm not getting any display. Things I've tried:

1. Reseated ram
2. Reset CMOS
3. Made sure it was slotted properly (powers on with RGB & fans running )
4. Got sore thumbs making sore the cables were in properly.
5. Tried a different monitor

I had a brief hope that after the white light (which indicates a VGA problem) didn't materialised again that the GPU would display but no such hope.

Worrying, I installed my 1080 Ti again but that no longer displays a signal now either but it was confirmed working yesterday morning before work. Unfortunately I don't have onboard graphics so can't test for sure if it's a cpu/motherboard fault but I've run out of ideas now :(

Any help would be appreciated
I would suggest you make sure everything is plugged in correctly and you haven't disturbed any cables from your PSU. If anything, strip the pc down and reassemble.

Failing this try either GPU in a different pc to confirm if they are working or not.

I would also suggest updating the bios but as you are not getting any signal at all then it would prove to be difficult to do this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom