Getting started in VR

Soldato
Hi all

At the weekend I went round my parents house and my dad let me have a go on his new PSVR... I done abit of racing and I was actually amazed by it as I've never had a good go at VR, Now I really want a VR headset for my PC so I can do project cars and maybe some rallying... What's a decent headset to get for a noob like me... I don't have a lot of money so not looking for the latest spec ones.... I had the DK2 before but used it a couple of times before selling and I'm not sure if that supports the latest titles

Cheers

Soldato
OP
The Rift S will probably fit the bill. It's pretty good for sim racing type stuff like project cars. Plus it'll turn it's hand to other stuff too. Like beat saber etc.

I've got the Valve Index but not sure a 1000 pound headset is what you're after :)

I have read a lot about the Rift S and its highly recommended... A few people have mentioned the CV1, Is that any good as I've seen a couple of them for around £180-£200

Soldato
OP
So my budget would be from £200-£250 as I'm abit tight on money...

My specs are below

Ryzen 1600
Aorus B450 MATX
16gb Corsair vengence 3000mhz
550w Coolermaster Master watt

Currently I have a GTX750Ti but will be upgrading before trying VR... May look at second hand 1060 or RX570...

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Second hand Rift Or Samsung Odyssey +

I wouldn't buy a Rift without the controllers, even if you are only planning to sit down. There are deals to be had out there.

You would need a better GPU, get a 1060 over a 570 for VR.

OK thanks I will go on the hunt for a 1060 6gb they can be found relatively cheap... I've not seen the Samsung VR set I'll have to have a look at that.. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom