• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Soldato
@Gibbo whats the ETA for the 3900x ?

Cheers
I called them today. Basically .... not good.
third parties wholesellers have thrown up their hands and said forget it. We are getting nothing. Go straight to AMD.
AMD have said we have no idea when we will have any.

So basically not in the next few weeks anyway. thats why I went for 3700x. I'm only gaming (not even streaming). so really I only wanted the 3900x for the ePeen.

Soldato
I called them today. Basically .... not good.
third parties wholesellers have thrown up their hands and said forget it. We are getting nothing. Go straight to AMD.
AMD have said we have no idea when we will have any.

So basically not in the next few weeks anyway. thats why I went for 3700x. I'm only gaming (not even streaming). so really I only wanted the 3900x for the ePeen.
When I called on Monday I was told "any day now". Also Gibbo wrote this last week:
44x 3600X due Monday
500x 3700X due Monday
180x 3800X overdue expect next week
70x 3900X overdue expect next week
350x 3900X due July 17th

I guess that's all changed unless they've all gone on back orders.

Last edited:
Associate
That's about what I'm thinking too.
Question is do I get a cheaper 6 core to tie me over till 3950x or just leave the rest of my build empty till then? Or keep living in hope that someone will magically find a lorry load of 3900x's and deliver them PDQ.

Associate
That's about what I'm thinking too.
Question is do I get a cheaper 6 core to tie me over till 3950x or just leave the rest of my build empty till then? Or keep living in hope that someone will magically find a lorry load of 3900x's and deliver them PDQ.

I reckon those lorries are long out of the country by now mate! :p

OcUK Staff
When I called on Monday I was told "any day now". Also Gibbo wrote this last week:
44x 3600X due Monday
500x 3700X due Monday
180x 3800X overdue expect next week
70x 3900X overdue expect next week
350x 3900X due July 17th

I guess that's all changed unless they've all gone on back orders.

This still stands, once I’m back next week shall be able to try to get a better idea of what’s going on but AMD clearly either can’t produce the numbers they wanted or they miss judged demand I’d suspect the latter as day one sales were insane and our 200 plus units were wiped out pretty fast and we’ve sold hundreds since and that is just OcUK so I suspect world wide sales have being nothing short of insane on this part and thus demand now far outweighs the supply.

Suspended
This still stands, once I’m back next week shall be able to try to get a better idea of what’s going on but AMD clearly either can’t produce the numbers they wanted or they miss judged demand I’d suspect the latter as day one sales were insane and our 200 plus units were wiped out pretty fast and we’ve sold hundreds since and that is just OcUK so I suspect world wide sales have being nothing short of insane on this part and thus demand now far outweighs the supply.

How many 3900X have you sold?

Thanks for the Haribo BTW :D

Soldato
While your expectations might still stand the predictive element (if ever there was one) has obviously gone out the window. This is out of your control and you can only do so much so enjoy your break; you'll probably be quite busy on your return. ;)

Soldato
shambles of a launch.

To me its basic courtesy to only release a product when you can fulfill demand. 3900x looks like just a paper launch.

TrM

TrM

Associate
shambles of a launch.

To me its basic courtesy to only release a product when you can fulfill demand. 3900x looks like just a paper launch.

i think the demand has just exceeded the expectations of amd at launch And they will get it sorted quickly But i think its been a good overall launch so far and no sign of 3900x hitting £600 pounds yet (still time though) so much better then i was expecting :)

Back
Top Bottom