• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo, Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB AGP ETA: 21/12/06?

Associate
Hi Gibbo, reckon you will get these babies in and out for Xmas? Going to place an order and not sure what postage option to use.

Thanks

S!ap

Associate
If these come into stock on the date stated (21/12) then you should in theroy get it on the Friday (22nd) if you select next day delivery. If they come into stock late then your looking at the middle of xmas week.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Its looking good. They leave Hong Kong this Friday, flight pre-booked!

Got 500 on the first batch arriving, then a further 300. :)

Sapphire claim stock with us by Monday which is before our website ETA but I feel they will most likely arrive most likely towards end of next week as at this time of year there is bound to be delays.

Soldato
I gave OcUK a call yesterday and the helpful chap said that even if it is in on-time, it's doubtful the couriers will be doing friday or saturday delivery!

-RaZ

OcUK Staff
MoNkeE said:
I gave OcUK a call yesterday and the helpful chap said that even if it is in on-time, it's doubtful the couriers will be doing friday or saturday delivery!

-RaZ

Hi there

Just had a word with our sales lads and City Link definetely are shipping/delivering as normal. :)
Obviously choosing Royal Mail could be a bad idea at this time of year. ;)

OcUK Staff
Silver_Rizla said:
ne idea how many of these are left to order atm?

Hi there

Well they aint sold out that quickly, only been on the site since this moring, sold 40 upto now. :)
Order with confidence, plenty to go round. :D

OcUK Staff
Silver_Rizla said:
cool, so def better than the gainward 7800 then, best agp option?

and what psu wattage is the min?

HI there

For the money yes!!

The Gainward 7800 GS+ is one hell of a fast card as it does have 24 pixel pipelines which can do anything and not just shaders.

I believe the X1950 Pro has 36 Shader pipelines and actually only has 12 pixel pipelines. Basically the X1950 Pro will no doubt do better in benchmarks and shader intensive games.

The standard Gainward 7800 GS has only 20 pipelines and is clocked slower and as such is not quite as quick as the 7800 GS+.

The X1950 Pro AGP do seem better value but for those seeking the best I suspect the 7800 GS+ is unbeatable but that product is now end of life. :(

Associate
Gibbo said:
HI there

For the money yes!!

The Gainward 7800 GS+ is one hell of a fast card as it does have 24 pixel pipelines which can do anything and not just shaders.

I believe the X1950 Pro has 36 Shader pipelines and actually only has 12 pixel pipelines. Basically the X1950 Pro will no doubt do better in benchmarks and shader intensive games.

The standard Gainward 7800 GS has only 20 pipelines and is clocked slower and as such is not quite as quick as the 7800 GS+.

The X1950 Pro AGP do seem better value but for those seeking the best I suspect the 7800 GS+ is unbeatable but that product is now end of life. :(

No offence Gibbo, but i think you're wrong there!! the GS+ is basically a 7900GT, it has 24 pixel pipelines for the shaders, where as the geometry etc is handled by 8 vertex pipes (or whatever the vertex things are called!)

The 8800's have the combined architecture - the Stream processors

At least thats how i understood it...

Last edited:
Soldato
i see these babies are now in stock. but i have no money till friday. i shall cry if they're all gone by then.... :p

i've even sent ocuk a webnote to see if i can get any idea how many they've got left.... :D

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Guys 500 have arrived in our warehouse but unfortunately in front of them is 300+ Belinea monitos, then 200+ DELL monitors, along with 100+ EVGA motherboards, basically our warehouse is absolutely manic.

We have office staff assisting the warehouse to book in the stock and our warehouse staff are staying late tonight until around 8pm.

We hope to get these Sapphire cards booked into the main warehouse so our pickers can get them picked to the packers and orders shipped out but as it is now past 3pm and we still have 300 orders to pack I honestly doubt we will be able to ship these out tonight.

Out of the 500 arrived we have sold just over 100pcs, so lots left spare. All the pre-orders will ship tomorrow for delivery Thursday and we expect this 500pcs to last us about a week. We have another 300 en-route along with 1200 of the HIS versions due late December/January.

These are a bargin card so do get buying as anybody who has pre-ordered one or places an order before 4pm Thursday you will get one of these babies in time for Christmas. :D

Associate
I have just recently preordered the HIS 1950 pro AGP models (apparently arriving late december/january) and wondered whether I should cancel and order the sapphire 512mb 1950's that are in stock.

I wanted the HIS models because the cooler looks really good and superior to the sapphire model. I have also read on various forums that the sapphire models have problems. Anyone has any opinions on this?

Should I wait for the HIS models or go for the sapphires?

Im buying two by the way.

Associate
OP
tot brill said:
I have just recently preordered the HIS 1950 pro AGP models (apparently arriving late december/january) and wondered whether I should cancel and order the sapphire 512mb 1950's that are in stock.

I wanted the HIS models because the cooler looks really good and superior to the sapphire model. I have also read on various forums that the sapphire models have problems. Anyone has any opinions on this?

Should I wait for the HIS models or go for the sapphires?

Im buying two by the way.

I remember Gibbo saying that the HIS cards are exclusively built for OCUK and that the specs are slightly higher (although a little dearer); I'll find the post, back in a mo.

Associate
OP
Here you go m8ty:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17665570

I'm hanging out for them

HIS ATI Radeon X1950 Pro ICEQ3 Turbo 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail
620MHz Core, 1480MHz Memory, 36 Pixel Shaders, 8 Vertex Shaders, 8 Geometry Pipelines, Shader Model 3.0, ICEQ3 Silent Cooling. £187.99 (inc Vat)

Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail

580MHz Core, 1400MHz Memory, 36 Pixel Shaders, 8 Vertex Shaders, 8 Geometry Pipelines, Shader Model 3.0. £172.71 (inc Vat)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom