• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte 5700 no signal in new build

Associate
Hi all,

My new build specs:

Amd 3600 cpu
Msi Tomahawk Max b450
Gigabyte 5700 gpu
16 gb Teamgroup Dark T-Force 3200mhz ddr4 ram
Corsair TX550M 550w psu
AOC CQ32G1 1440p 144hz Monitor

After putting system together and turning it on, everything powers up. Case fans spinning, cpu fans spinning, gpu lights on. Watch the 4 debugg lights on mb. It passes cpu and dram check and then red light stays on gpu indicating there is a gpu error. So i unplug and reseat the gpu, check power cables are in properly. Reseat ram aswell. Change cables (both hdmi and displayport) to all different slots in gpu and monitor. Even try on my old monitor but still no signal. Then i take my r9 380 gpu out of my old system and plug that in to the new one. With this gpu the pc boots up fine. I go into bios and set xmp up and then boot and set up windows. I update windows, install motherboard software and drivers. I check the bios is most up to date which it is (bios ver 3.50 or E7CO2AMS.350) So I know the computer is working. The pcie slot 1 displaying PCIE gen 3.0 x16 in gpu-z with the 380 in it. I put 5700 back in new system but it still no signal to monitor.

I then put the new 5700 in my old PC and the pc boots to windows fine. I played a game for an hour with it and temps were fine. I check that the 5700 has the latest bios and it does (ver F2 or 017.001.000.049.000000). So I know the 5700 works.

I put the 5700 back into the new PC and still no signal. Next I remove the mb battery and reset cmos but still no signal and still red vga light on mb. I put the r9 380 back in, load to bios and settings and change pcie lane to gen 3. And after that even change the config of pcie lane to 8x + 8x but the 5700 wont connect to monitor.

I have tried everything I can think of to get this graphics card working on my new build and am a bit lost on what else I can try. The new pc and gpu work, but just not together.

Any Suggestions would be most helpful.

Thx

Associate
If you have another system I would try it’s power supply. The recommended power supply for the 5700 is 600 minimum 700 recommended. Your power supply might not be able to do the job

Soldato
Hi all,

My new build specs:

Amd 3600 cpu
Msi Tomahawk Max b450
Gigabyte 5700 gpu
16 gb Teamgroup Dark T-Force 3200mhz ddr4 ram
Corsair TX550M 550w psu
AOC CQ32G1 1440p 144hz Monitor

After putting system together and turning it on, everything powers up. Case fans spinning, cpu fans spinning, gpu lights on. Watch the 4 debugg lights on mb. It passes cpu and dram check and then red light stays on gpu indicating there is a gpu error. So i unplug and reseat the gpu, check power cables are in properly. Reseat ram aswell. Change cables (both hdmi and displayport) to all different slots in gpu and monitor. Even try on my old monitor but still no signal. Then i take my r9 380 gpu out of my old system and plug that in to the new one. With this gpu the pc boots up fine. I go into bios and set xmp up and then boot and set up windows. I update windows, install motherboard software and drivers. I check the bios is most up to date which it is (bios ver 3.50 or E7CO2AMS.350) So I know the computer is working. The pcie slot 1 displaying PCIE gen 3.0 x16 in gpu-z with the 380 in it. I put 5700 back in new system but it still no signal to monitor.

I then put the new 5700 in my old PC and the pc boots to windows fine. I played a game for an hour with it and temps were fine. I check that the 5700 has the latest bios and it does (ver F2 or 017.001.000.049.000000). So I know the 5700 works.

I put the 5700 back into the new PC and still no signal. Next I remove the mb battery and reset cmos but still no signal and still red vga light on mb. I put the r9 380 back in, load to bios and settings and change pcie lane to gen 3. And after that even change the config of pcie lane to 8x + 8x but the 5700 wont connect to monitor.

I have tried everything I can think of to get this graphics card working on my new build and am a bit lost on what else I can try. The new pc and gpu work, but just not together.

Any Suggestions would be most helpful.

Thx

If under 14 days contact reseller- should be tested and swapped for brand new one. forum rep can lend a hand if needs be if its GPU error @GIGA-Man

Though from reading sounds like its fine in your old PC... know if you had gigabyte board they could have tested both components together , which is a shame .

if mobo is brand new again could try RMA - if under 14 days should be easier, after that they aren't UK based like Gigabyte . If from OCUK then link to this thread

Associate
OP
Sorry for the late replys guys. I jumped the gun and rma'd my mobo and got a gigabyte x570 gaming x. Rebuilt the system and there is still no signal to monitor. So unfortunately have wasted money doing thus. My bad. Anyways I only had 2 things left to test. The case and the psu. So I have breadboarded my build onto my mobo box. Board, cpu, cooler, ram gpu. 24 pin, 8 pin cpu pwr, graphics powered, cooler fan header. Turned on pc and still no luck. So this leaves only the psu. I am thinking the 550w might not be enough, which is strange because my old pc has a 550w in there and the 5700 works in there. I really dont want to spend out on a psu if i cant guarentee that is the problem. I may test the new pc with the old ram aswell to rule out any gpu, ram incompatabillity problems. Im really frustrated with this build right now. By the time im done and with the money ive spent i could have bought a higher specced build that would have probably worked in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom