Gigabyte AORUS FO32U2P Flat QD-OLED: 32" 4K 240Hz with DisplayPort 2.1, KVM

Associate
I can wait until June, I'm sure I can! Only 2 more months.

To be fair this is the display that makes the most sense to order around the time the next AMD/Nvidia card drops out of all the monitors, you're not getting what you paid for at launch (in my case anyway) I'm hoping the 5090 utilises the full bandwidth of this monitor and isn't reliant on DSC at all, but we shall see.

Soldato
So turns out I couldn't. I spotted this on preorder at a UK competitor at a not too crazy price of £1300. Much less than ordering from Germany. No idea when it's expected in and if overclockers list it too ill probably switch my order over. I think it only got listed yesterday at the other place.

Associate
The fact they're bigging up daisy chaining on the marketing page for this interests me a lot, would love to see that come back as common feature on monitors. If this allows me to do 240hz and daisy chain my M28U @ 120hz i'll be a very happy chap.

Associate
So turns out I couldn't. I spotted this on preorder at a UK competitor at a not too crazy price of £1300. Much less than ordering from Germany. No idea when it's expected in and if overclockers list it too ill probably switch my order over. I think it only got listed yesterday at the other place.
I cancelled my order for this reason as well, no point paying a £500 premium if its due in the next month, but equally not going to commit to a preorder when their dates constantly change.

Associate
Ouch, just got an email stating the 4th of July, I imagine there'll be more places with it listed by then. Maybe even some stock
I had fomo for 4 days and back to being grounded and reasonable I can get the Dell 32" and 27" for the same price I was going to get this monitor... so may consider it just to try out what I'm missing on.

My only issue with the gigabyte is if a future gpu doesn't utilise the full bandwidth capabilities. Then we bought a monitor that's not even being utilised for its primary differentiator from the competition

Soldato
I had fomo for 4 days and back to being grounded and reasonable I can get the Dell 32" and 27" for the same price I was going to get this monitor... so may consider it just to try out what I'm missing on.

My only issue with the gigabyte is if a future gpu doesn't utilise the full bandwidth capabilities. Then we bought a monitor that's not even being utilised for its primary differentiator from the competition
The KVM is the big selling point for me. Once I include a 4k240hz KVM it's practically the same price. I'd rather not have yet another piece of hardware sitting on my desk.

Back
Top Bottom