1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte aorus master AMD 3900x , sata mouse bios lock up

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by peter224722, Nov 8, 2019.

1. peter224722

Associate

Hi , just got my motherboard and today , so did a minimum case install with just all the power connections , mouse and my old GT440 , and all looked o.k , went into bios and my cpu and memory was correct.
    Added my sata to the mix and now a get a mouse lock up and tried a keyboard and that works for a few press before it locks too.
    I`ve tried moving the video card , moving the memory to the second bank , made sure it wasn't a sata problem by putting the sata on it's own psu plug and changing the cable.
    By the way the sata drive shows up in bios , the bios say F4 which was the board start off and it`s upto F10 now , should I try to flash the bios ?

HELP PLEASE !!!!

2. peter224722

Associate

I'm a little wiser what's happening ? , But not why.
    if I add any drive , usb , sata etc , the mouse / keyboard goes wrong , but thing are still working ok in the background.
    what I've found is that this happens on the 4 usb2 ports on the back , but not the usb3 ports .
    So I will keep away from the usb2 port for now and see if I can install a OS.

3. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

@GIGA-Man not to sure if this issue has popped up before ?

hopefully OS and driver/chipset install will get USB 2.0 working fine

4. peter224722

Associate

It's one of those problem which drives you mad at first , but when you find the work around it`s not that bad.
    First Most of problem was fitting a 10 year of video card, which I guess gigabyte didn't test for.
    After fitting my 2070 super I fixed the problem of the mouse stopping working , but the 4 X USBs are still a little iffy in windows 10 , mouse and keyboard works , but a set of usb speaker don`t work of those usb2 ports.

One thing I've found is use the normal window 10 "power saver" power setting until you install all the chip set drivers , windows 10 updates , it was crashing before I could install them , the max uptime before a crash was 17 mins.
    I'm still on that power level now 2.1 ghz normal and never going above 10 -15% on normal use.

5. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

i had massive problems with windows 10 on AMD boards with very early build versions :(

looking forward to this though

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/1usmus-custom-power-plan-for-ryzen-3000-download.html

6. peter224722

Associate

7. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

Tend to use usb 3.0 ports on modern boards rather then 2.0 Any issues with 3.0 currently now you've fully patched everything ?

8. peter224722

Associate

Yep , all my issues are workable , Like needing to replace the fan and go all in one water cooled !!! , But if I keep it to power saver mode when I don't need the 747 fan cooler to spin up.
    Compared to my I7 2600k the 3900x is like a rocket .

9. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

Should try custom power plan above :)

10. peter224722

Associate

I've moved from the standard power saver plan to the Ryzen power saver plan.
    My commander pro is connected to the motherboard usb2 port and I can see that dropping off every few mins , which makes any internal usb device unusable.
    Looking at gigabyte's siv utility I can see Bclk moving from 99.5 to 103 MHz and I`ve set it to 100mhz from auto.

And I've found that Overclockers Telephone support is :

Option 1 - buyer or sales advice !!!! we will deal with your call
    Option 2 - You have not received your item and you may stop your money !!!! we will deal with your call
    Option 3 - You have problems with your order or need technical advice , We have no time for you because we have already taken your money , but you can send US a e-mail or web-mail which we will ignore , because we or busy taking other peoples money.