** Gigabyte G1: The Overclocking Master.........For now! (Benchmark & OC Review)!! **

Caporegime
Hey Gibbo bud, just got 8610 on Firestrike Extreme by just pushing the core to 1530. Will try for higher then sort the mem ;)

Looks like your X99 system *really* rocks da house!!!!

Only 68% fan too (seems the most realistic for me as I wear a headset when gaming ;))

Soldato
I take it there's not a lot of difference in potential between the G1 and the MSI Gaming even if the G1 edges it? I'm looking for a red theme, which the MSI fits, but the G1 not so much...

OcUK Staff
OP
I take it there's not a lot of difference in potential between the G1 and the MSI Gaming even if the G1 edges it? I'm looking for a red theme, which the MSI fits, but the G1 not so much...

The based on colour and design as they are both similar indeed and be quick whilst both are still in stock. :)

Associate
God you are making it hard to pick a 980 ti.

I'm looking for a good overclocker to watercool, I was originally looking at the Zotac AMP Extreme, but the custom pcb makes finding a block hard.

Then I started looking at the EVGA superclocked ACX 2.0+, which was reduced to 535.99, but now seems to have disappeared from the website :(

I don't know whether to go for something like this or the AMP Extreme and run on air and wait for blocks in the future. Ahhhh decisions!!

Associate
HEXUS' new review of this card makes it look like the best option at the moment - I reckon it will be G1 vs AMP Extreme for best air 980Ti.

Soldato
Is this worth upgrading from a 980 for, really? It was my intention to wait it out for Pascal, but damn if this G1 isn't tempting!

Associate
I would say no, if I had a 980 I'd consider getting another to SLI with a month or two later but I wouldn't upgrade to a new card - another 980 is cheaper and 2 would perform better than a 980Ti anyway!

Soldato
I would say no, if I had a 980 I'd consider getting another to SLI with a month or two later but I wouldn't upgrade to a new card - another 980 is cheaper and 2 would perform better than a 980Ti anyway!
Yeah that was always my plan in the first place. Will be interesting to see what the 980 price does over the coming months.

Soldato
As for me I still on Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 as I ain't bothered anymore of purchase expensive GPU graphic card as I don't play gaming anymore. I hope I got the right decision! :)

Associate
Been playing with my G1 for the past couple of hours, it's a brilliant card. I would have to say, it's actually my new favorite card I have ever owned.

It looks nice sitting in the PC, it's really quiet and runs very cool, the overclocked benchmark results are brilliant.

Thanks for the review Gibbo, it was what made me pick the card and I could not be happier with my purchase.

Associate
Been playing with my G1 for the past couple of hours, it's a brilliant card. I would have to say, it's actually my new favorite card I have ever owned.

It looks nice sitting in the PC, it's really quiet and runs very cool, the overclocked benchmark results are brilliant.

Thanks for the review Gibbo, it was what made me pick the card and I could not be happier with my purchase.

What benchmark results/speeds are you getting with it? How is the noise? Can't wait for Monday!

Associate
I'm always a little conservative on my overclocking, so far not pushed too hard. Put the core up by 130 it was boosting to about 1400, memory put up by 250Mhz. Only benchmark I have run so far was Firestrike Ultra, I got 5113.

I'll tinker more with it no doubt, that overclock was the first attempt before I played some games. I played The Witcher 3, 1440p ultra settings and full hairworks. FPS was 55-60.

What's really awesome is some games that are not quite as hardcore graphically as the like of GTA 5 and TW3 never push the card over 60 degrees, so if you have the cooler on auto, it never turns on and you play in silence. Even when the cooler kicks in, it's really quiet. I can't quite remember the temps I had on TW3, but it was low and all I could hear from my PC was the case fans.

Caporegime
What's really awesome is some games that are not quite as hardcore graphically as the like of GTA 5 and TW3 never push the card over 60 degrees, so if you have the cooler on auto, it never turns on and you play in silence. Even when the cooler kicks in, it's really quiet. I can't quite remember the temps I had on TW3, but it was low and all I could hear from my PC was the case fans.

Agreed, I have my framerate capped at 59fps (til I get a Gsync monitor) and the fan stays nice and low! :cool:

*Such* a good cooler, I'm very very impressed!!!

Associate
mines arriving monday now, DPD messed up todays delivery. nice man at ocuk refunded the postage though so all good. totally clueless to overclocking GPUs. is this overclocked out the box? or do you need to do stuff?

Back
Top Bottom