Gigabyte GA-H170N + Corsair CMK32GX4M2A2133C13 (2x16GB)

Associate
I was wondering if I could get some advice on this combo. I bought it because a part picker website said they would be compatible.

Foolishly I purchased before checking the support list on the Gigabyte website.

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-h170n-wifi.pdf

Now, what happens is the system will boot if I have one stick in the furthest slot from the CPU. Recognises the RAM fine.
If I put in the second stick - long beeps.
If I put either stick in the nearest slot - long beeps.

I flashed the BIOS up to the latest version which let me set XMP Profile 1 but it still won't boot with both sticks in.

Have I just made a schoolboy error and I am going to have to use the system with just 16GB until I can afford compatible 16GB sticks to replace (and sell the Corsairs on eBay or something) or is there some other action I can take which might make the system recognise both sticks? Obviously the vendor won't accept a return of either part because they both work fine.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Associate
OP
It boots into BIOS fine with just one stick of RAM installed. Surely, if either of these were the issue it just wouldn't boot at all. Also, I have checked the heatsink (stock Intel) is properly installed and the CPU is fine too.

Caporegime
So as i said are any of the pins in the socket bent/damaged?

You do realise the cpu has over a 1000 pins and the RAM slots/traces/pins are not shared, hence one works and one dont.

Associate
OP
I have checked it over and it all looks good to me. It was the first thing I did when it wouldn't POST clean. Pull it all apart and check every component for damage.

Back
Top Bottom