gigabyte gaming k7 370 not working

Associate
Hi,

I took apart my pc to do a bit of cleaning up last night.

Came to switch it on this morning and it was completely dead. Not switching on even though the power LED is on the motherboard.

PSU works fine.

I took out the CEMOS battery and unplugged the motherboard for around an hour. Plugged everything back in with the board outside the case and it was starting.

Put it back in the case and nothing

Motherboard now starts without a CPU however reading around I'm not sure weather its a CPU problem or a Motherboard issue.

I have taken out the CEMOS battery for now

Associate
OP
just an update on this.

I replaced the CPU and its now working.

I think I may know what I did wrong. I plugged a temp sensor into the clear CEMOS pins instead of the temp sensor pins. Must have sorted the CPU or something while I was power cycling quickly as one of my fans got stuck

Associate
Hi,

I took apart my pc to do a bit of cleaning up last night.

Came to switch it on this morning and it was completely dead. Not switching on even though the power LED is on the motherboard.

PSU works fine.

I took out the CEMOS battery and unplugged the motherboard for around an hour. Plugged everything back in with the board outside the case and it was starting.

Put it back in the case and nothing

Motherboard now starts without a CPU however reading around I'm not sure weather its a CPU problem or a Motherboard issue.

I have taken out the CEMOS battery for now
Look like no sign of the life on your motherboard ? No power, no led , nothing...etc. Nothing happened affer you push the power button.
You should try to start your system without CMOS battery.
I had same issue like you with my ax370 k7. And i tried to remove Cmos battery and starting my system without cmos batery. It was working well.

Associate
OP
Look like no sign of the life on your motherboard ? No power, no led , nothing...etc. Nothing happened affer you push the power button.
You should try to start your system without CMOS battery.
I had same issue like you with my ax370 k7. And i tried to remove Cmos battery and starting my system without cmos batery. It was working well.

Ended up swapping both the motherboard and the CPU in the end. Was told it was a manufacturing defect due to something in the socket that was sticking out or something.

Back
Top Bottom