Gigabyte M28U vs ASUS TUF VG28UQL1A G-Sync?

Soldato
Hi, Im toying with the idea of getting one of these monitors to upgrade from 1440p TN to 4K IPS. Both seem to use the same panel but the Gigabyte is £100 cheaper.
My question is I'm not sure is G-sync will work with them. Gsync is pretty important to me as I hate screen tearing. I've read the ASUS is "G-sync compatitble"... Is that the same as Gsync enabled? And what of the Gigabyte, it says Freesync, whicch used to be a no no for a Nvidia card. But I think I read that it works with Nvidia now?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Allow me put another option on your radar, the Samsung Odyssey G7 S28 which is a flat IPS 4K 144hz version of the Odyssey G7 (not confusing at all is it, there are 3 entirely different G7's now that I am aware of), it's certified G-Sync compatible and it does work just fine. From my past research though the two monitors you mention even if they are not certified compatible do work with it, although being none certified you 'may' find some situations where you get some oddities such as flickering or possibly even a black screen or what not but I've not heard of anything and I spend entirely too much time reading about monitors. If it wasn't clear though I own the Samsung so I 'know' first hand it's G-Sync works just fine.

If I was buying again I would buy the Gigabyte, the reason is because of the Type-C connector and built in KVM, it's just so very, very useful. Purely for use on a desktop and nothing else though the Samsung is great, but it does not have type-c, does not have a KVM and does not have any (get you by) speakers but it does have Nvidia's sign off on it's G-Sync compatibility and higher bandwidth USB 2.1 ports if that matters. The Asus is much the same as the Gigabyte really but also, no Type-C, no KVM (as far as I know) but it does have 4 HDMI ports for some reason but only 1 displayport (I think they thought they were making a TV!), if they had just put a second displayport on it it would be so much more useful to me) As far as extra features go the Gigabyte has this one nailed down I think and that's the main difference really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom