Gigabyte P35-DS3P Problem

Associate
Got this mainboard from Overclockers Uk so that finally I could install my Raid Controller which uses a PCI express x8 slot.

The problem is that if I try to boot the pc with the raid card installed, it starts beeping and when I checked the beep code, it said that there is a problem with the graphics card.

If I boot the pc with just my x1950 installed, the pc starts immediatley.

I have tried to swap both cards to no avail. I have tried both with and without the dual vga power plug installed.

PCI-E x4 gives 1 GB/s up and down, so I think it should be enough, but have you looked on the manufacurer's (of the RAID cont) website regarding using it in different speed PCI-E slots.

Have you tried it in one of the PCI-E x4 slots? :)

As far as speed go, it should be enough, the thing is that I tried the pc with a pci graphics card and it booted, but once I tried to install the raid controller, the same problem occured and with it alone in the pci-e x16 slots there shouldnt be a speed limitation.

Dont know of any other mainboard which has just a pci-e 4x slot nor an 8x one. Maybe I should try to take the raid controller and test it in one of the servers at work.

Seems that I changed the mainboard for nothing by the looks of it :(

Last edited:
Today I tested the raid controller in one of the IBM servers at work and it worked perfectly. So now I know that the raid controller works.

Tomorrow I will try to update the raid controller firmware to the latest one, maybe the problem gets solved.

RaiderX said:
it might be that the slot you are putting the raid card into is only meant to be for a 2nd graphics card for crossfire and not for anything else

If thats the case I would be really dissapointed, considering that in the manual it doesnt specify that the pci-e 16x slots are for vga only.

Back
Top Bottom