Gigabyte P35-DS3P Problem

Associate
Got this mainboard from Overclockers Uk so that finally I could install my Raid Controller which uses a PCI express x8 slot.

The problem is that if I try to boot the pc with the raid card installed, it starts beeping and when I checked the beep code, it said that there is a problem with the graphics card.

If I boot the pc with just my x1950 installed, the pc starts immediatley.

I have tried to swap both cards to no avail. I have tried both with and without the dual vga power plug installed.

Soldato
PCI-E x4 gives 1 GB/s up and down, so I think it should be enough, but have you looked on the manufacurer's (of the RAID cont) website regarding using it in different speed PCI-E slots.

Have you tried it in one of the PCI-E x4 slots? :)

Associate
OP
As far as speed go, it should be enough, the thing is that I tried the pc with a pci graphics card and it booted, but once I tried to install the raid controller, the same problem occured and with it alone in the pci-e x16 slots there shouldnt be a speed limitation.

Dont know of any other mainboard which has just a pci-e 4x slot nor an 8x one. Maybe I should try to take the raid controller and test it in one of the servers at work.

Seems that I changed the mainboard for nothing by the looks of it :(

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Today I tested the raid controller in one of the IBM servers at work and it worked perfectly. So now I know that the raid controller works.

Tomorrow I will try to update the raid controller firmware to the latest one, maybe the problem gets solved.

Soldato
it might be that the slot you are putting the raid card into is only meant to be for a 2nd graphics card for crossfire and not for anything else

Associate
OP
RaiderX said:
it might be that the slot you are putting the raid card into is only meant to be for a 2nd graphics card for crossfire and not for anything else

If thats the case I would be really dissapointed, considering that in the manual it doesnt specify that the pci-e 16x slots are for vga only.

Back
Top Bottom