• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 not working

Associate
Hi I bought AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 MASTER 12G from overclockers, I liked the gimmick of the side screen to display the temps etc. So after I loaded all the software and launched it the Aorus engine seems fine but when I launch the RGB fusion part to change the RGB and lcd screen it doesn't detect the GPU and just shows a blank motherboard image.

After a quick look online

I have tried unistalling all the software, deleting the directorys they where in and re-installing. Did a DDU on the nvidia drivers and installed the version (511.17) from https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N3080AORUS-M-12GD/support#support-dl-driver with and without Geforec experience.

I have also tried reinstalling the GPU and also upgraded the PSU from 850w to 1000w just in case.

I have put a support request into Gigabyte but going of some of the comments on their forums the chances of getting a reply is not too good.

So I thought I would ask here to see if anyone else has had this and knows a solution

P.s
It doesn't fill me with great confidence that if you go to Gigabytes RGB Fusion 2.0 support site support list it only goes up to RTX2080Ti

You need to remove all sotware for any manufacturer to do with RGB... i mean everything. Then do a driver clean and reboot and then install official gigabyte drivers then install the full aurous software which should install the RGB fusion as well.

In my case the Side display screen has never worked since the aorus software did a firmware "update" to it... simply never worked again and cant do a thing about it.

CHeers will give that a go although don't have any rgb lights other than the card. except maybe the asus mother board had aura thing but I disabled that in bios will check if there is any software for it.

I have RGB fusion installed for my motherboard and its always been a very finicky beast to get working correctly, especially if you have any other RGB controlling software installed, such as in my case Corsairs iCue, which I have controlling the RGB on my Corsair RAM, Headphone stand & the top light on my RTX 3080 FE card and HyperX RGB software running my mouse & keyboard RGB.!

In my example, I'm probably just asking for trouble yet somehow I've got it running so that it all just works..but of the three RGB software installs, Gigabytes is by far the worst to set up correctly.

Well at last I got it working not too sure how,did get a reply from Gigabyte
"We are sorry to hear about the situation. About the issue you mentioned, please try to clean re-install the device as the process below:

1. Uninstall the AORUS ENGINE and the RGB Fusion.

2. Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall the graphics card driver.

3. Delete the folder from this directory of your PC (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Gigabyte\RGB Fusion).

4. Reboot the computer. If you have similar RGB/ Fan control utilities (such as icue, AIDA64 and Armory Crate) is running, please temporarily turn them off (make sure it neither run on the background) to avoid possible conflicts.

5. Go product page to download the Firmware F 2.1 click (here) and latest AORUS ENGINE 2.1.8 click (here) and install the software.

6. Activate the AORUS ENGINE to install the RGB Fusion.

7. Please also update the mother board BIOS to latest version.

If there is anything we can support further through our system, please provide us product purchase invoice to verify.

Feel free to contact us again anytime if you have any feedback or need any support from us. Cases without updates in 7 days will be closed until further information is received.

Regards,
GIGABYTE"

I removed all the asus software out of windows, updated mboard bios, stopped Steelseris mouse software at start up did a DDU in safemode then ran the AOrus stuff and got the panel software to run, so now no more stupid egg animation just the temp as I wanted and turned off all the other rgb

So thanks for the advice

lcdpic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom