Gigabyte Ultra Gaming Wifi - 4 DIMM Boot Loop, 2 DIMM BSOD

Associate
Hi everyone - hoping you can help me out as I'm stumped!

First off, my setup is:
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming WiFi (non-op)
  • Intel i7 8086k (not overclocked)
  • Gigabyte GTX 1080ti 11GB
  • Kingston DDR4 3333MHz (4 x 8GB)
Issue:

When I initially built this new system (Nov 18), I was experiencing occasional DRAM errors on the board warning lights, but they seemed to go away after a time and became stable so I thought nothing of it.

Yesterday however, during some online gameplay on Ghost Recon Wildlands, the whole system froze. After attempting to reboot, the system was locked in a DRAM error boot cycle.

I removed two sticks of RAM and managed to get the system to post and was able to run the Windows memory test on the two installed DIMMs. I repeated this with the other 2 DIMMs loaded into the alternative slots. Both test came back fine without any errors on the ram, but as soon as 4 DIMMs we put back in, once again the boot loop cycle re-commenced. It should be noted that the RAM was provided as a Kit of 4 and should thus be a stable set.

Having again removed 2 of the DIMMs, I adjusted the voltage in the BIOS to that which is listed on the Kingston Memory spec sheet. This was all done with XMP disabled.

Again, 4 DIMMs failed to boot.

Having then reverted back to 2 DIMMs I began gaming again with a friend, only to later get a freeze and then a Blue Screen of Death. This then led to the system entering a boot loop exactly the same as that when having tried with 4 DIMMs installed. I removed the 2 DIMMs and simply re-placed them back into the board and then the system booted.

This is the end of the story for now. I can no longer run 4 DIMMs, and even 2 DIMMs is unstable. This has only happened whilst playing Tom Clancy WildLands, which is known to be very demanding on RAM - noted by the substantial frame rate drop after removing 2 of the DIMMs.

My conclusion would be that there is an issue with the MoBo, but I appreciate any assistance you can give.

Back
Top Bottom