Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER OR Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER

Soldato
Could someone with an S chipset try stressing the chipset to see how hot they get? (I think moving large files using at least one chipset-connected NVME would do it)

Associate
I used to have the X570-i (ITX) variant, and the small fans are such a pita, I'd begrudgingly pay >100gbp to get rid of it. If you're sensitive to noise, go for the X570S.

Associate
The X570S I believe is fanless motherboard. Apparently some people fined the tiny fan on the motherboard noisy. :rolleyes:
I mean - I would too if it spun for more than 3 seconds on boot.

Fortunately it doesn't, I've an OC'd 5950x, 128G ram OC'd @3800 and a reasonably beefy GPU in there, basically plenty of heat and it's never running.

But let's face it no moving parts is better than moving parts so if it had been available when I bought mine I would 100% have gone fanless.

Soldato
I don't think the *chipset* does any real work in CB.

I started transferring a a 10gb Game from an nvme drive connected to the chipset whilst that benchmark was running and then back to the same nvme drive connected to the chipset whilst the benchmark was still running, the temp didnt change, the nvme drives are Samsung 980 Pro's 500gb PCI-e 4.0 for my main and secondary drives, one connected to chipset, one connected to the CPU.

Idle chipset temps now are 50.5oC.

Back
Top Bottom