gigabyte x79 ud3 bios.

Associate
hi all just wandering if anyone has tired the beta f12e/h bios updates yet and if they are any good, feedback would be appreciated.

Associate
Hi, I have tried them both because I have probems with external esata. They both ran fine until I overclocked, after that I could not access the internet, same with all the betas. Had to go back to F11

Peter

Soldato
Wow, this leaves me with a tough decision (as I presume a similar update for the UD7 is available).

Muck about either modding my case or buying a new case to take my BBXPII XL-ATX or sell that on and revert back to the UD7 with minimal modding.

The droop was 95% of the reason for me changing boards.

Either way very very happy to see it sorted, faith in GB motherboards well and truly restored.

Soldato
Wow, this leaves me with a tough decision (as I presume a similar update for the UD7 is available).

Muck about either modding my case or buying a new case to take my BBXPII XL-ATX or sell that on and revert back to the UD7 with minimal modding.

The droop was 95% of the reason for me changing boards.

Either way very very happy to see it sorted, faith in GB motherboards well and truly restored.

Im @ 4.8 now with the same volts, next 5ghz.

Soldato
mmm I need to get on and see how this MSI board clocks.

I genuinely couldn't be bothered finding a clocks low voltage on the UD7, I do know I had to input 1.56v to get 5ghz, which loaded up around 1.482v.

Decisions decisions.

Associate
Anyone running the F12p BIOS on this board? Had to upgrade yesterday to get it to boot with my new GTX 780's installed but now the Intel Speed Step doesn't work if I change the CPU multiplier.

Under the old F11 BIOS I had just changed my multiplier to 43, left everything else at auto and it was fine. CPU clocked up to 4.3Ghz under load @ 1.30x volts and down to 1.2Ghz @ 0.8xx volts when not. Now if I do likewise all cores sit @ 4.3Ghz continuously.

I've tried various different settings combinations but none of them have got me back to what I had before. I'm currently back at the default x36 multiplier as this is the only one under which speed step works.

Associate
After going through several more BIOS's I'm pleased to say F16, available on the Gigabyte website, has solved my problems. It also means I'm good to slot in a 4930K just as soon as they become available :D Just running some quick tests now at my 4.3 (3820) overclock and everything seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom