Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming

Associate
Hi All,

I was having problems with my new build on this mobo, primarily with boot times in to Windows 10. I was expecting more of a challenge to fix this but by just updating the bios to revision 5 from the gigabyte website, I got the following improvements... you can view last bios time by pressing alt+ctrl+del and navigating to the "Start-up" tab.

Last BIOS time: 25.9 (before bios update)
Last BIOS time: 10.4 (after bios update)
Last BIOS time: 9.3 (after bios update)

I ended up installing Windows 10 twice yesterday thinking I had done something wrong with the initial install on my Samsung 960 NVMe device.... fun! :)

Associate
OP
Running F5 , 7.8 from last, same mobo. I guess anything under 10 should be fine? Are you using ultra/fastboot?

I tried ultra fast today and it actually made my boot slower... I guess I need to fiddle with the settings of it.

Shot in the dark but some devices can hang up your POST. I was using a Steelseries Xai that the machine saw as 5 USB hubs instead of a single pointing device and I used to take like 15-20 seconds to post. Swapped to a Zowie FK1 and now I post in 2 to 3 seconds. Just throwing it out there. The same piece of hardware can affect different motherboards in different ways. Might want to try different USB devices to eliminate a possible issue.

I will have a play around :)

Associate
OP
I get some variance too, but I think thats only after I've been tinkering with bios

Sprinkles also had a good point, might have to try that myself, got my 2 monitors usb'd in for their 4 usb ports each which I never use etc

I have two displayport connected monitors and if I power down my system and turn it on, I get no bios/post screen, they are just black until I get in to windows.

However, if I restart my PC.... boom, I get a post/bios image and then load in to Windows. Can't figure it out for the life of me, o well!

Associate
OP
Is keyboard active? Cant get into BIOS by just smashing del with the screens off? I've had that happen on an old rig and could get into bios that way
Havnt tried! Keyboard is active on a cold boot after a night off but I havnt tried to get in to the BIOS.

I think (i'd have to check) that i'm running F3 but my boot times are pretty quick. I've never upgraded a board's bios before - is there anything I need to be wary of?
Gigabytes own software has a tool you can use. If you have no issues, I wouldn't upgrade personally :)

Back
Top Bottom