Gigafast slow upload issue

Associate
I currently have the gigafast 900 pro service and while downloads are great at 930 the uploads are somewhat lacking.
Bearing in mind this is supposed to be 900 up and down loads the actual upload speed i get maxes out at 180.

Conversation with WiFi experts team who handle the Gigafast and they tell me that they can see nothing wrong and although the fibre test shows slight discrepancy it should not be causing this issue.

I am Cat 5E wired so its not my cables.

Tonight i thought lets just see what my VPN shows and Lo and behold while connected to London with NordVPN my upload speed jumps up to 881. I mean wtf!

To me this suggests the actual Cityfibre line is fine and working as intended but somewhere along the way Vodafone are throttling me. Intentionally or not.

Agree. Disagree ? Any suggestions ?

Soldato
Have you tried different speedtest servers?
Multiple servers on speedtest.net, or just try using ovh.net / fast.com and see if the same occurs and it's not limited to a single server.

Does it happen on all your devices with different cables and plugged into different ports? Isolate the issue so you're sure it's not you and something on Vodafone's end.
Is your latency stable, is it limited to just a throughput issue with the upload?

Associate
OP
Er its slow on Vodafone and FAST as soon as i turn on a VPN so its not hardware or anything in my house related.

Soldato
What about everything else I mentioned aside from that? Did you try with multiple different speedtest servers?

Back
Top Bottom