Glow plug question

Soldato
I have a 2010 Focus 2.0 TDCi with keyless start.

When I turn on ignition and dash lights up all the lights come on except glow plug light - the yellow ones go out leaving three red ones handbrake/oil/battery - press button and engine spins "bruumph" then stops - press again and engine fires red lights go out except handbrake.

Is this a fault or is it due to the ambient temp telling glow plugs they are not needed - I have looked at that dash for so many years I never even realised the glow plug light didn't come on.

If it is supposed to come on has anyone any idea where to start looking before it goes to the garage.

The more I think about it I think this has been happening for a while - Mainly if car isn't used for a few days except getting it in and out of the garage - When that has happened I put the battery on trickle charge but in last two years it's had a new battery and alternator.
It was showing 12.3v after the in/out of garage - checked when running and 14.4v.

Am I worrying for nothing.

Soldato
OP
The panic is over - The glow plugs are controlled by the ambient temp.

Good old Youtube - On my car if you press the OK button which is on the end of left hand stalk controlling the menu and press the start button once it put's car into diagnostic mode and you can scroll through whole load of functions including dash icons - It showed up on left dial and I was concentrating on right hand dial - So turn off - turn on and there for a fraction of a second was glow plug light.
I did have a problem with the earths on the car - Main one on battery and two under kick plate on drivers door - cleaned and sorted those but now I am wondering how many more are there splattered over the car - One I couldn't get to was earth on battery - it's right under the scuttle and then loops to suspension strut.
This is my first Ford for at least 45 years and now I remember why I didn't buy them again after my last one - Always gone Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom