Glyphosate & New Lawn

Associate
Hi,

I've got a space of old garden that I want to put down to grass where I've removed plants/trees that were there and then rolled it flat with the view of grass seeding in September time.

Obviously there's a load of weeds and rubbish started growing in the mean time, is it a sensible plan to let them grow up then just glyphosate'ing the entire area, lets say a month before sewing the new lawn? I read the weed killer breaks down in soil, but just wanted to check if this will damage a future lawn?

Permabanned
Should be fine just make sure you know which bottle is glyphosate and which bottle is your lawn feed.

My mums partner managed to get them confused and proceeded to feed the lawn, mum came running out to find him feeding the lawn glyphosate :eek:.

Luckily he’d only done a small patch before realising.

Soldato
It will 100% grow back, I got some concentrated GP from ebay and killed a large area, dug it all up and had plans to lay patio and driveway. Never got around to it and within 3 months, grass and weeds had taken and we're thriving.

Soldato
You shouldn't have turned it over - that brings old seed to the top - dig over -leave -spray new weeds leave -etc etc.Then you get new weed seed that have blown in and you start again.
Never ending cycle :rolleyes:

Soldato
I know. My point was that it's not like your salting the ground, and that left for a week or so it will still be viable ground for plants. My plans were to pave over it, hence digging up all the dead plants, just never got round to it.

Soldato
I know. My point was that it's not like your salting the ground, and that left for a week or so it will still be viable ground for plants. My plans were to pave over it, hence digging up all the dead plants, just never got round to it.

I realized that :)

The good old days of sodium chlorate for killing weeds has gone - we used to mix it with sugar and make our own fireworks - Perhaps that is why you can't get it anymore.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom