1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going from normal SIM to Micro SIM - HTC One X

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by azibux1, Apr 23, 2012.

1. azibux1

Wise Guy

This is in relation to this thread.

Hi,

I am getting a HTC One X and currently have a BB Bold 9900

The BB uses a standard SIM whereas the HTC requires a Micro-SIM

My question is, what is the best option for me to transfer my contacts from the standard SIM to a Micro-SIM?

I want to keep the same mobile number as I have now

Hope you can help :)

2. Robbo

Don

Google contacts is generally the best way to go about this sort of thing, however, I'm not sure if you can create Google contacts on the 9900.

I know you can download Google contacts to it so maybe look into that. If you can get them uploaded to there, they'll all appear when you put your gmail address into your new Android phone.

This may be useful: http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

3. azibux1

Wise Guy

Thanks, I will check that out now :)

4. Glaucus

Man of Honour

Just cut the sim down, zero hassle. Print out template, get pair of scissors. job done.

5. azibux1

Wise Guy

Is it that easy?

I heard you could break the SIM easily?

6. Robbo

Don

It depends really, some SIM's are better than others and you do end up cutting a pretty fine line. :p

7. Em3bbs

Mobster

Not really the best suggestion if his only place he has his contacts stored is the SIM card.

8. azibux1

Wise Guy

This.

As I can't back them up using BB software, as my new phone is a HTC, I'd rather do it a safer way, lol

9. azibux1

Wise Guy

Just looking at that video, doesn't say that it works with Android though?

10. reflux

Capodecina

The cutting option is easy peasy tbh. My sim works perfectly in my One X and Galaxy Nexus.

11. azibux1

Wise Guy

Just looked at another website and it says that Google Sync will work with BB and Android

So to be on the safe side I think I will do that

Now just need to ring O2 and ask them to send me a micro-SIM with my current number :D

12. Glaucus

Man of Honour

It really is that easy and it's hard to brake it. Unless of course you cut the big clear brass coloured chip. But why would you do that.
    Far less hassle than getting new sim. And he can also save numbers to existing phone and sim in a couple if seconds. So it's not the only place his numbers are. Or google sync it, then cut sim.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  13. Robbo

Don

It doesn't need to work with Android as Android has it all natively. I assume it will just sync your contacts to your Gmail account and then they are all there - sorted.

14. daz87uk

Hitman

save contacts to phone; send Vcard?

15. azibux1

Wise Guy

I see what you're saying, but this phone is a replacement for my BB 9900, so that is being taken back, I won't have them both at any one time so can't do what you're saying about saving them to my current phone as that would not help me

Yeah I realised that afterwards, oops lol

It sounds like a good idea, will try it out soon and see if it backs them up properly (Y)

16. azibux1

Wise Guy

Tried to use Google Sync

It done a few contacts (13 of 73) but now it says 'Sync Failed. Server problem. Please try again later'

Tried this about 3 times but still isn't working

Also, seems odd that the 13 that is has done, are contacts I've added AFTER I have got this phone, the others that were on my SIM before have not worked

Am I doing something wrong?

17. Rizwan1

Associate

If you've got a steady hand just cut your sim down to size.

18. azibux1

Wise Guy

I might do this, as it would be easiest and quickest, but I want them backed up somewhere before I do that, and can't use Blackberry Desktop Manager to do that because my new phone is a HTC

19. azibux1

Wise Guy

Then again I want to just get it done properly if I can, get a micro sim and transfer numbers

20. Rizwan1

Associate

You can get a special hole punch device that can trim your sim card with precision. It depends on which sim card you currently have. Also you can get adapters to convert a micro sim into a normal sim (basically a jacket for the sim card). If your on o2 go into the store and they'll do it for you (ttansfer contacts, not cut the sim)