Golden Eagles could be returning to Snowdonia.

Soldato
OP
Even better now the family home is in Wales :D.

And yes, considering how much **** we deal with each daily news cycle, stories like that make you think there is a tiny little bit of good and hope in the world.

Good stuff and yes indeed. Whereabouts are they? Up this way or down south?

Soldato
OP
I have stated the release of the Golden Eagle would not bother me, in fact i support it. I am a 4th generation livestock farmer on both side's (particularly sheep) within the region of the potential release zone.

Fair play to you, Wilber. I have family who farm in Ffestiniog and on the Lleyn and they feel the same way. There are bound to be exceptions but I'm hopeful that this could work.

Soldato
OP
It would be a hell of a sight to see one in the wild around here.

I remember when I was about 9 my father and I where up on the hill feeding sheep and we spotted a very large bird which had become stuck. My father ran over and covered it with his coat whilst he freed it. We took a picture of it before releasing it as it was quite unusual (very large).

We got quite excited when we thought it was a golden eagle, turns out it was a very big common buzzard. Still quite the sight and a memory I’ll cherish.

Yes, I'm sure. Moments like that are priceless when growing up. It's a pity there's so much anti-farmer/farming sentiment around and all farmers - the vast majority of which are decent, hard-working folk - get tarred with the same brush.

Anyway, let's look forward to these Eagles. :)

Back
Top Bottom