Gommora is the greatest TV show you've never heard of

Permabanned
OP
I've watched Seasons 1 and 2 of the TV series but not the movie. Is it worth a watch?

Yes the Movie is definitely worth a watch and is very highly rated... the TV series is better though.

Id suggest watching the film Suburra ahead of it, it's made by the same guy behind the TV series of Gommorah and is absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
Associate
Id suggest watching the film Suburra ahead of it though, it's made by the same guy behind the TV series of Gommorah and is absolutely brilliant.

I've actually already seen the Suburra film...currently considering whether the TV adaptation is worth a go.

Permabanned
OP
I've actually already seen the Suburra film...currently considering whether the TV adaptation is worth a go.

I watched the first few episodes and wasn't particularly impressed tbh, its not had great reviews either. Maybe it improves ?

Romanzo Criminale (the tv series) is far better.

Associate
Just finished season 3 in the last 4 days. Amazning, couldnt wait to watch each next episode. Great ending, but also sad, really liked his character and wanted him to survive somehow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok reached the end of season 3 - thanks Nowtv.

Nicely done - I see they have a fourth series planned

Shame that the BBC cannot produce drama this good - what was the last BBC series, where you cared about the characters ?
could not find information on its budget compared to, say, apparently popular, BBC's Doctor Foster

Liked the Gladiator'esque death of Ciro, with memories of his wife/child (she had killed herself - I forget)
Poetic justices it had to be by Genny who did it - did not see that coming.
Is Gennys' rise in the next series going to be reminiscent of Scarface.
Annalisa mis-calculated ... must have damaged that marble floor

Soldato
I've watched the first series so far on SKY and frustrated as because i'm downloading them and watching them from the box, when you select them, the preview picture and text gives away stuff completely.

e.g. Genny and his Dad meeting up in episode 2 of series 2 is the main picture of the download

Really frustrating as you have to find them to download them and can't help but see the images if you downloaded episode 12 of series 1 etc. Grrrr.

Definitely a good series though, and am looking forward to watching the rest of series 2 and 3.

Do you need to have watched all of them to watch Suburra? Or does Suburra give away any storylines from Gommora? :)

Back
Top Bottom