Good amount of Ram and HDD space to have?

Gangster
Associate
I am in the market for another gaming PC, last build I got told 8GB is more then enough... and you wont be going over 1TB of space anytime soon. Also the i5 3570k was the best CPU for gaming at that time as games were not truly utilizing multi cores...

Been out the loop for some time... but I have noticed a trend with games...

Games file sizes have increased dramatically... I was wandering how much TB of space would you need?

Is 16GB of Ram Sufficient for 4k Gaming?

Are the quad core CPU's From Intel all you really need... or are games utilizing 6-8 cores?

Reason Why I am asking is I do not want to make any mistakes with the parts I choose and do not want to go overboard with my budget...

I have already purchased a 1TB Samsung 850 SSD... and I can salvage a 1TB HDD for my new build for my photo's and movies with certain games such as Indie titles.

I want majority of my games.. BF4, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, BF 5 (When released) SWTOR, e.t.c all on the SSD and was wandering even with my OS on the same 1TB SSD... I will be running out of space quickly?

Last edited:
Gangster
Associate
OP
I have been told the new titles are taking up 30-40GB?

gears of war ultimate edition - 60GB :O

so if games are taking that much space... I can only have 10-12 games and my OS on my 1TB SSD.

Gangster
Associate
OP
So what about this then

Install all AAA titles that I will play on the regular such as BF4, BF5, Witcher 3 (Once I completed it, and done with the game will uninstall from ssd), Doom 4 e.tc (Also the games I will play on the regular) So that will save me some space for my 1TB SSD

Stick all the other games I wont play as much or are a solo experience on my 1TB HDD... then When the time comes to upgrade... get another 1TB SSD?

Back
Top Bottom