1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good budget case thats nice and simple, no RGB or whatnot, just good quality

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by chickadee, May 5, 2018.

1. chickadee

Gangster

So I am thinking of building myself a new PC, been on the 1366 platform long enough and i have been looking at cases and WOW the times have changed, back in.....2009 i made this PC with a Silverstone FT01 case and its been a joy, its so simple and so well made. Now it seems half the cases are about looks and crazy colours and such.

All i want is a nice simple well made case with good dust management and space to get the largest of gfx cards/air coolers installed. I guess price range would be anything bellow £100 but lower the better, is there such a thing as a nice quality simple case these days? I don't fancy spending a fortune on RGB as i think it looks so tacky.

2. southernorth

Wise Guy

Would you prefer airflow or silence? And would you want a tempered glass window or not?

3. chickadee

Gangster

Honestly im open to all sorts but i just want quality that will last be a good 10 years without the silly RGB and other features that seem to be almost like bloatware of the case world, obviously people like it but it makes it harder for people like me to get a nice simple quality case since the market wants plastic draped cases with thousands of LEDS now.....

4. Klo

Mobster

Have a look at the Fractal Design Define R6, might be what you are looking for in design etc.

5. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

Antec P8 Case
    only £57.95 at the moment
    [​IMG]

or for a little higher budget

Antec P110 Silent Case
    only £84.95 at the moment
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

both prices will go up tomorrow, as they come off this week only.

6. IPBA

Wise Guy

Fractal Define C TG gets my vote.

7. ttaskmaster

Soldato

The upper end of Corsair's Carbide range are usually pretty good.
    My 500R is still a very solid case, holds any cards, bags of room for loads of fans and watercooling (can even do external rads). Costs about £90.

8. Habakkuk

Wise Guy

Seconded on the Corsair's Carbide cases - they're straightforward.

9. Rikk82

Gangster

Another vote for Fractal here. I'm using the Define S. It has a nice clean neutral look to it, and plenty of space inside.

10. t31os

Mobster

Fractal/Phanteks, BeQuiet, Antec, Corsair, lots of options available(in that order for me). Watch some review videos of the cases you like most with a pinch of salt.

11. BongoHunter

Hitman

12. sdavlaws

Gangster

This (normal window version) is the case I am currently using and couldn't recommend it enough its relatively compact but still had the room for my 1080 AMP! extreme