Good C# Tutorials

Associate
does anyone know of any good C# tutorials? Had to do a pacman game in C#, failed it as well due to not meeting silly requirements eg using tfs and bug tracking. typically the lecturer didnt give us the working example to study the code.

so again, anyone know any good C# tutorials, perferably something thats interesting, challenging but have answers at the end to compare.

thanks.

Soldato
I don't really know your level but the best resource I found was the Headfirst C# 2nd Edition ebook/paperback. You can find this quite easily.
A properly free alternative would be Rob Miles Yellow Book http://www.robmiles.com/c-yellow-book/ although the examples are nowhere near as interesting he has a really great syle of writing that isn't so formal and boring (to me) as many other books. Again this may be too basic for you, he also wrote a good free pdf on using XNA. I'd imagine the second book would be better as you're obviously studying it at Uni already.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks, ill give them a look.

XNA seems like the smart way to go about making a game, sadly our tutor was only teaching basic c# and only used visual studio. again, it appears he just wanted us to mark off a requirement list instead of making a functional program. therefore we werent focusing as much on programming and a lot of time was wasted on learning how to use visual studio and all of its features :confused:

im a novice at best, ideally after a guide/book/tutorial thatll go over everything and points me to the right direction for guidance. im not just after solutions although it is good to see how a program can be 2-3 times smaller than my own.

Soldato
You seem to be missing the point. The objective of your assignment is not to use the most effective technology to write the best pacman ever, it's to write pacman with the technology you have been taught to show that you understand it.

It wont do you any harm to read the XNA tutorials and play around with that a bit but you wont get extra marks for using things you havnt been told to use no matter how awesome your pacman turns out to be.

You should focus on learning the things that you have failed on.
Using TFS and bug-tracking are most definitely not "silly" requirements. These are the basic things that you need to know about if you ever expect to get a job in development.

Back
Top Bottom