Good Evening

Associate
Hi, long time lurker but thought it was time to say an official hello after posting in the Sound City threads.

Anyway, long time away from PC gaming and generally PCs due to an ageing system with Q6600 @ 3.0ghz and 4GB of RAM (and using a PS4 and PS4 Pro). It was a real pain in the ass on the odd occasion I wanted to use it, and I could never rectify the slowness.

Right, so after creeping around these here forums I built my 2nd ever PC in July and only kept the old case an Antec P182 and old 2TB storage HDD!

Ryzen 2600
16GB Corsair LPX 3200
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
Asus Rog Strix Vega 56 OC (just to be safe I've changed the thermal paste and pads!!)
240GB Crucial BX500
1TB Samsung 860 QVO
Dell 1080p 24in monitor

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for their postings and entertainment while i spent a couple of months deciding whether to wait for Ryzen 3 or plunge. As you can see, I got impatient!!

I'm waiting for the dust to settle and BIOS' to clean up before getting a new processor for the above.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Welcome.

I've built a few Ryzen 2600 systems for people lately - been pleasantly surprised to find it so far pretty much trouble free plug and play so IMO you did the right thing over rushing to what seems to be a platform in need of a bit of maturity with the 3000 series.

Associate
OP
Thanks Rroff

Yeah it seems like a masterstroke at the moment, although it wasn't long before the 2600 dropped by a few quid but i really didn't want to wait any longer. Patience is not my strong suit, especially when i start researching stuff!

Associate
OP
Thanks man, I just need to decide what to replace the 2600 with once bioses settle down. I came from a HDD system so can't really comment on the Samsung drive with great experience, but Samsung seem highly recommended and that drive was a great price and is super quick. Its basically my Steam drive.

Back
Top Bottom