Good fan setup (primo 2x360)

Associate
Right now i have 2 60mm 360 rads , one is a ekwb xe360 the other a xspc rx360 v3 at the top and bottom.

I am cooling a overclocked titan xp and [email protected]

Right now i have 3 ML120 pros pulling air through the top rad into the case, 3 gentle typhoons at the bottom pulling air through the rad into the case.

The two stock Enthoo primo 140mm fans pulling air into the front and the stock 140mm fan pushing air out the rear.

My loop order is Res/pump (d5 vario max speed) lower 360 > upper 360 > cpu > gpu > res.

The fans are controlled via a Aquero 5 pro and a probe into the top radiator.

My temps are ok , My cpu gets to around 55 degrees whilst gaming and the gpu tops out in the mid 40's but i'm thinking that i could get better.

Any ideas ? I'm toying with the idea of a dual loop.

Associate
keep it to 1 loop, 2 loops are not efficient enough are costlier,
also try doing the fans the other way around. Bot pulling air IN the case, top out, front in. That should give you some positive pressure. Temp wise you won't see major differences (maybe a couple degrees).
Just make sure you don't have any major restrictions (lot of 90 degree cots)

Soldato
Your water temps seem about right and your choice of fans are good and in the most efficient orientation to get the lowest water temps. Your GT and Corsair fans are actually very good and you really wont see much of a change to temps if you change them.

I have had Gentle Typhoons, Phanteks MP140s, Vardars (which sounded awful) and now Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 120/140s in my Primo and changes to temps were subtle, it was more a change to noise levels and signature.

Only real way to change temps would be to turn up the fan speed and add some more rad space but even then it's not going to be a massive difference as you've got a good amount of rad space for your current heat load. Its really all about your water to ambient delta and trying to get that as low as possible, if your in the mid 30s then your around 10-12c assuming you have average room temps. Adding more rad will allow you to run your fans at a slightly lower speed and help reduce noise a touch if that's important to you?

What sort of water temps are you aiming for?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom