good name for family photo album website

as title says really, making a site for family photos and need a good name that would be easy to remember and for more then just family with the same last name as mine.

i could go with www.mylastnameplusphotos.com but the site is for families related to mine too so think last name would be too select (is that the right word)

any suggestions?

also while im here, is it possible to have 2 domain names using the same hosting? don't really want to have to pay anohter £25 for this site if possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
Almost all hosting providers will allow more than 1 domain per hosting package. Look out for Parked/Addon domains.

For my family site I used the name of our house as the domain.

Soldato
OP
celliott said:
Almost all hosting providers will allow more than 1 domain per hosting package. Look out for Parked/Addon domains.

For my family site I used the name of our house as the domain.

thanks for the relpy. so how do addon domains work? so if i buy addon domain how then do i get it to use my current hosting and what folder does it go in? i would obviolsy use vidahost as they are what my folio site is with.

so far im thinking i may try and think about all the families that will be using the site and then make something if possible with the first letter of each and add photos at the end.

keep the suggestiongs coming though.

Soldato
OP
so how do i go about getting a second domain name that uses the same hosting i have at the moment. I'm with vidahost atm with my portfolio site so im looking in beansprouts direction. If someone can tell me if tehres like a folder i just put the site in so that atleast i can start with the php and mysql now knowing it wont have to be changed later on.

Soldato
addy_010 said:
so how do i go about getting a second domain name that uses the same hosting i have at the moment. I'm with vidahost atm with my portfolio site so im looking in beansprouts direction. If someone can tell me if tehres like a folder i just put the site in so that atleast i can start with the php and mysql now knowing it wont have to be changed later on.
your domain name has nothing to do with your hosting - unless you buy the two from the same company (not a smart move). if you want another domain name just go to slowdaddy or any other domain name registrars and buy one. then email your host and ask them how you connect it to your site.

Soldato
OP
seek said:
your domain name has nothing to do with your hosting - unless you buy the two from the same company (not a smart move). if you want another domain name just go to slowdaddy or any other domain name registrars and buy one. then email your host and ask them how you connect it to your site.

why isn't buying domain and hosting from one company smart? i did with vidahost and all was good for me? did i just get lucky that time?

Back
Top Bottom