Good program for streaming TV..

Associate
Good program for streaming TV?

Not really sure where this should go.. but here goes..

I have use Beyond TV (4.4) from snapstream to stream TV from my PC over the internet.. However, the picture isnt the best, despite being fed good quality signals from the cable tv.

Has anybody else used a similar program? If it has an extension for XBMC its a bonus, but this is not needed, as long as the system can be controlled through a browser. Beyond TV lacks the option to fine-tune the channels after a scan, so this would be nice aswell.

I will need to be able to see Live TV and also set up recordings..

I've been trying to read up on Sage TV.. has anybody used this and recommend it? Myth TV is out of the question as it is Linux based and TV Tuner cards can be a pain to configure in Linux.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
david334 said:
What kind of TV ? ;)
david334

Any TV really.. The TV card will sit in a machine and be fed signals from a cable tv company (no box needed).

ns400r said:
What is the speed of the internet connection your using to stream the TV ?
You'll not get top quality images if it's a slow connection.

The limit is my 4mb in.. The machine streaming will have more than that out, so no worries there. I would imagine that streaming around 1mb would give you a pretty good result.

We have had Beyond TV set to streaming around 700kbit/s, which was OK, but Beyond gave us some problems when it came to setting it up.. Im hoping other programs will give you more control.

Back
Top Bottom