Good Restaurants in Liverpool

Associate
Howdy folks,

Can anyone recommend a decent restaurant in the Liverpool area for an occasion dinner?

No particular preference for cuisine type, just want it to be nice.

Thanks!

Associate
Zelligs or Jamies Italian, both next to John Lewis in Liverpool One, offer great food and nice atmosphere. Zelligs often have live music as well. If you fancy something a bit more up market, then there's a few on Hope Street, or you could go the Panoramic, but you'll be mostly paying for the location there.

Associate
Tapas Tapas near Fact is great if you like Spanish. Closer to Liverpool One is Catalunya for Catalan food but I have never tried it as it is too busy.

Soldato
Posh occasion? London Carriage Works
There are lots of other places along Hope Street The Quarter is good for Italian. Ego is good for Mediterranean influence food, and have space for birthday groups to dine together
The Side Door has very good food and is small and great for just two people, though best to book as they can get busy early on as they do a great pre theatre menu.
The Clove Hitch looks good from the menu, I have had breakfast in there and it was good

The Gastro pub The Monro has always had good service and good locally sourced food

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions lads, really appreciate the input.

Host looks like an option, does anyone know how it compares to Etsu?

We've tried Jamie's Italian and quite enjoyed it, so in a similar vein I'm considering the Marco Pierre White grill place, but don't know anyone that has been.

We used to goto Bistro Jacques a lot, but the last few times we've been it has seemed a bit hectic and the food not as good as previous, but would love to find somewhere similar.

Any other options would be welcomed!

Edit: Bit gutted this has been moved to Cuisine from GD. Obviously I get that it falls under the category, but it was as much for the experience as the food.

Last edited:

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I've been to the marco pierre white in chester. Food was nice but pretty uninspiring.

I've also been there, and I'd probably grudgingly agree.

The steak was good, both in outright terms and for the money but no better than that. I took my parents there for their birthdays and my Mum had a Stroganoff and said it was exceptional. My sister really enjoyed the lamb too.

I guess if you look at what you get for the price then it is pretty decent.

On the whole, I would go to Upstairs at the Grill over MPW if I was to go back to either.

Soldato
If you don't mind the drive out of the city to Hightown, there's a great "gastro pub"/restaurant we stumbled upon called The Pheasant

http://www.thepheasanthightown.co.uk/

Great food.

5 mins from my house :)

If you like that place then check out http://www.mastermcgraths.co.uk/ it is infinitely better. I can't even begin to find a superlative that does Master McGraths food justice, it is just sublime and fairly priced.

Interior is nothing special but the food is just incredible.

Associate
5 mins from my house :)

If you like that place then check out http://www.mastermcgraths.co.uk/ it is infinitely better. I can't even begin to find a superlative that does Master McGraths food justice, it is just sublime and fairly priced.

Interior is nothing special but the food is just incredible.

I had a look at that and the menu is HUGE? Somehow strikes me as a bit off putting. Is the Scarisbrick any good?

Back
Top Bottom