google employee's internal diversity memo goes viral

Man of Honour
Bumpski.

Turns out he's suing Google for sex disrimination.

*popcorn*

Well, they do discriminate by sex. They're proud of it - it's part of their "diversity" (i.e. anti-diversity) and "equality" (i.e. anti-equality) policies. So the question the case will answer isn't whether or not Google discriminate by sex (they do) but whether or not it's legal for them to do so.

Caporegime
OP
Something something "hostile work environment" something something "breaching code of conduct"...

Or is she allowed to echo similar sentiments to the guy they fired not so long ago because, well she's female and rather more senior and he's the CEO?

Don
The problem with the suggestion that it's a hostile work environment driving women out would mean there's qualified women sat at home or leaving the industry to do something else which just isn't born out by the stats - Google's proportion of men to women closely mirrors that of those who are graduating from universities according to the stats quoted in the article. The irony of course that Google's CEO would then have to rely on the same arguments for the lack of women at Google is of course not missed.

Soldato
I wonder how Damore's sexual discrimination lawsuit is doing? I suspect that Google will just pay him off rather than have this sort of thing brought out in court.

Man of Honour
So will she be forced out of the company as she's gone a bit beyond his evidence-based memo with that statement.

Of course not. The situation is very different. She has a priviliged group identity, he has a target group identity. The whole point of the people who targetted Damore is the belief that a person's sex is their identity and women should be given privileged treatment over men - that's why they were so furious that he said that everyone should be treated the same regardless of their sex and that individuals of the same sex are actually different people. They have the power, so they make the rules. Pointing out that they are hypocrites is as useless as pointing out that they were lying about Damore's memo. They know that they are liars and hypocrites and they don't care.

Back
Top Bottom