Google is killing off its VPN service...best alternative?

Soldato
I'm a subber to Google One and the VPN which comes as part of the package was a big lure for me as I travel a lot an often on public wifi...
Turns out Google is killing off yet another service, so looks like I have to find a different one, honestly getting pretty sick of Google just rug pulling services because they feel like but anyhoo....

I used to use Surfshark but found it just used to stop working a lot and needed me to change servers or just disconnects. Some of the prices some of the VPN services want are frankly laughable so what is the best, most reliable service for decent value?

Soldato
Don't think it's been around very long either? I vaguely remember some early intro offer to it for being in their local guide program.

I guess they realised they weren't competing very well to some of the well known brands out there and rug pulled it.

I can't imagine this killing off of product lines is actually doing their rep any good. Most people are quite aware how ruthless Google is with it's products. Apart from the Pixel I don't think I'd entertain buying into another Google product out of fear that it'll be killed off after a couple of years.

Soldato
Problem is most people use VPNs to also spoof location. Google didn't allow you to do that. So I always just used Surfshark on phone, which works just as seamlessly on Android. Cost me like £20 over 2 years after cashback, also dirt cheap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom