Google Page Speed - LCP issue: longer than 4s (mobile)

Associate
Hi all,

I have a wordpress site that is about 1 year old now.

I just noticed in Google search console I have the error LCP issue: longer than 4s (mobile).

It is coming back with a LCP of 4.4seconds.

I don't have any web development experience. I built the site with Wordpress and the help of Youtube.

All the suggestions I see I have no idea on what they do or mean haha.

I did try some random plugins that "minify" the javascript/css but I don't think it made a difference so I got rid of them.

Any thoughts? Should I be concerned?

I am running Ezoic ads on the site, pretty sure that is probably causing the vast majority of the slow down.

Thanks,
Sean

Associate
Have a check on gtmetrix and google page speed to see whats slowing you down. An optimisation plugin and caching should help a lot with wordpress.

It may be worth looking into AMP for mobile speed too.

Associate
OP
Have a check on gtmetrix and google page speed to see whats slowing you down. An optimisation plugin and caching should help a lot with wordpress.

It may be worth looking into AMP for mobile speed too.

Do you have any suggestions for the best plugin? I think I did have one before but got rid of it as I think my hosting has its only. one.com is the host.

I have seen AMP but need to do some more research, I thought I read it blocks ads?

Cheers,
Sean

Associate
OP
I have just added an AMP plugin and W3 Total Cache. Did not seem to do anything, I ticked the minify and cache on. Made little to no difference.

It now reports minify.js as being part of the problem in the google speed test.

EDIT-
AMP is being reported as working now I cleared the cache. I shall retest

I was going to pay someone on fiver or something but I'm not sure they would do anything different to what I have already done.

Associate
Do you have any suggestions for the best plugin? I think I did have one before but got rid of it as I think my hosting has its only. one.com is the host.

I'm not too sure on the best as i haven't tested them all but i am getting good results using autopitmise. If you're not already using an image optimization tool that can make quite an impact too, im using shortpixel because they had a good app sumo deal :p.

Associate
OP
I'm not too sure on the best as i haven't tested them all but i am getting good results using autopitmise. If you're not already using an image optimization tool that can make quite an impact too, im using shortpixel because they had a good app sumo deal :p.

Already have short pixel. I even export from photoshop with high compression first. Images are few and far between and well compressed.

I installed W3 Total Cache as that is listed as being compatible with Ezoic. I have reached out to Ezoic as they apparently have a AMP conversion app. Hopefully that helps.

Pretty sure it is the ads/ezoic that is causing all the problems to be honest. The rest of the site is pretty basic and 99% text/basic theme.

Soldato
Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) measures the time it takes for the largest above the fold content element to load. Items that appear only when a user taps the screen or scrolls down don't affect LCP.

This could mean you either have a banner or something like Slider revolution or an image that's to large loading when you open your site.
Hard to tell unless you show us what it is and I can work it out.

Back
Top Bottom