Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
What I don't understand is if it's a software bug, why don't all pixel phones have these problems.
Mine does not have the bug and is the stormy black Pixel 6. My wifes is a pixel 6 but in kinda coral colour. That's the only difference.
We both do not have the connection issues and are both in a 4G only 30 day contract with plusnet (EE)
My FPS is working perfectly every time now also. Only a tad slower than my pixel 2xl, I'm actually impressed with it now but much prefer it being on the back.

Soldato
Auto-rotate has stopped working on mine now :cry:
Slightly related but if it helps, i updated my OnePlus 9 Pro to Android 12 recently (days before they pulled the stable version as it is riddled with bugs), and I have the auto-rotate screen issue. It will randomly turn itself off. Never happened before Android 12. So it may not be a Pixel issue that one!

Soldato
Slightly related but if it helps, i updated my OnePlus 9 Pro to Android 12 recently (days before they pulled the stable version as it is riddled with bugs), and I have the auto-rotate screen issue. It will randomly turn itself off. Never happened before Android 12. So it may not be a Pixel issue that one!

When my previous Pixel 6 got the issue, the rotation lock toggle did nothing to change it - sadly it seemed to be something hardware related, a tilt sensor failing or something...

Associate
Anyone else finding the screen is way too sensitive. I find that when browsing the internet, as i scroll through a page that i repeatedly get the option to copy or paste pop up and i have to then tap elsewhere on screen to get rid of the message.
I have a tempered glass screen protector on, i have not used the option to increase screen sensitivity but it still keeps happening.

Soldato
Anyone else finding the screen is way too sensitive. I find that when browsing the internet, as i scroll through a page that i repeatedly get the option to copy or paste pop up and i have to then tap elsewhere on screen to get rid of the message.
I have a tempered glass screen protector on, i have not used the option to increase screen sensitivity but it still keeps happening.

I noticed it sometimes happening, I think it's not the sensitivity, but the phone thinking you're long pressing instead of scrolling slowly, even if you was scrolling at a normal speed right before hand.

Soldato
For those with the rotation issue, try going to settings, type "home screen" in search bar and turn on "allow home screen rotation"

You may need to reboot your phone just to get it starte again.

I may be speaking too soon but it seems to have helped here

Associate
Anyone tried to get a refund based on signal issue ? Curious to know what googles response is ?

I have tried multiple times through chat and they will not refund. The best they can offer is to send the phone off to be repaired. Though when questioned what this will fix they didn't know. It's just a delay tactic. Still to have no idea of when a fix is coming is awful. I understand many people don't have a problem but honestly the phone is unusable for most of my day. Having poor signal is bad but I am mostly getting no signal when out working. I have tried the carrier services beta, turning off 5g (not that I get it anyway) swapping to esim, full reset etc. None have made any noticeable difference.

Soldato
Sounds like Google's standard customer service playbook these days. They used to be great - no messing, exchanges done on the phone. Now they either deny there's an issue or claim it's a feature. I had the run around from them with my pixel 2xl. They told me the speaker distortion was a feature...

Back
Top Bottom