Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I haven't had any issues with GPS in the car and when using public transport within London, it's been rock solid for me.

As for the shed... does it happen with other phones? The shed itself could maybe be made out of something that blocks the signal.

Soldato
The Pixel 6 Pro deffo has a weak antenna/signal issue. I can't see it getting any better with updates.

Below shows the dB readings vs a Samsung handset

7db difference is significant.

uc

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep this phone is not an option for those in weak signal areas.

For me I've not had any major signal issues in my day to day. Still love this phone overall. The camera processing is something else.

Permabanned
Really not liking that games don't go full screen, slightly cropped and to the right slightly just feels wrong.

More of a game issue I'm guessing due the resolution? Annoying.

Soldato
Really not liking that games don't go full screen, slightly cropped and to the right slightly just feels wrong.

More of a game issue I'm guessing due the resolution? Annoying.

What games? Most I tried properly goes full screen, but I do notice a couple having a black bar where the camera is. Annoyingly there used to be an ADB command where you can force apps to go immersive mode, but from Android 11 they removed it. Was pretty handy to avoid burn in with the status icons during long gaming sessions.

Soldato
What games? Most I tried properly goes full screen, but I do notice a couple having a black bar where the camera is. Annoyingly there used to be an ADB command where you can force apps to go immersive mode, but from Android 11 they removed it. Was pretty handy to avoid burn in with the status icons during long gaming sessions.

That ADB command would have come in handy for me. I use an old 3rd party twitter app called Fenix that is stuck in 16:9.

OnePlus used to have an option to expand apps.

Permabanned

Only tried two and neither went full screen, Star Trek Fleet Command Need For Speed Most Wanted.

EDIT: Google can have it back, every game I've tried isn't full screen. I might be able to forgive it if the cropped screen is was actually centered but it's not. Being off the right looks super janky and my ocd is going crazy.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's a shame, you would think since Google created the phone and software, they could work out a solution to something like this...

Don't understand why anyone would tolerate having games displayed like this on a premium phone, I see no reason why games won't go full screen. Many other devices with same the display resolution don't have this issue. And why shift the image over to the right? To avoid the punch hole? That's just an argument not to have a punch hole in the first place.

Oh well, collection on Monday... I'll have a play round with it over the weekend before boxing it back up.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's up to the developer to work the UI around the pinhole camera. Games like Genshin Impact for example adapt completely fine. A few emulators also offer immersive mode to get around this too.

As mentioned by kona some OEMs do offer a way to force this but not many have it. And sadly I doubt Google any time soon will do anything to help.

Permabanned
It's up to the developer to work the UI around the pinhole camera. Games like Genshin Impact for example adapt completely fine. A few emulators also offer immersive mode to get around this too.

As mentioned by kona some OEMs do offer a way to force this but not many have it. And sadly I doubt Google any time soon will do anything to help.

It's an easy fix, give users the option to force immersive mode, or default to immersive mode with option to crop, which would makes more sense. Apparently it's been an issue on Google phones for years but they still haven't fixed it.. Google clearly don't care enough to address the issue, so I won't be considering them again.

I did manage to find some games that went fullscreen but they were the exception. Most don't and it's unacceptable.

Soldato
I did manage to find some games that went fullscreen but they were the exception. Most don't and it's unacceptable.

Given some do it, you could blame the developers of the games as it's not really a fault if developers don't develop properly. The tools are there.

Still, I can see why it's completely unacceptable not to have full screen on mobile games... Write to your MP, see if they can fix it.

Permabanned
Given some do it, you could blame the developers of the games as it's not really a fault if developers don't develop properly. The tools are there.

Still, I can see why it's completely unacceptable not to have full screen on mobile games... Write to your MP, see if they can fix it.

It's fine.. I'll just return it, thanks..

I blame Google, other phone manufacturers have solutions to this. You can't count on developers to update their apps, that takes years.

Back
Top Bottom