Google Pixel 8 Vs Google Pixel 7 Pro

Associate
Hi,
I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new Google Pixel 8 (standard) or the Google Pixel 7 Pro for £490 each.
Firstly, would you consider £490 a good price for either phone brand new?

Which phone would you consider a better purchase for £490?
I don't play games.
I don't customise anything.
I would like to take good quality photos when I visit new places and I understand the Pixel 7 Pro would be the best choice for that, but I would only point and shoot, I wouldn't play around with camera settings prior to each shot, if that makes a difference.
The longer life support of the Pixel 8 is a plus.
Robustness is crucial too. I don't abuse my phone's but in case it is dropped, I would like the phone to remain in one piece. Would the Pixel 7 Pro's curved screen be likely to break?

Does the new Tensor G3 on the standard Pixel 8 make it a better buy or is the better camera on the Pixel 7 Pro is the bigger plus?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you value the zoom a lot then I'd say get one of the pro models. Otherwise the 8 over the 7 pro thanks to the much improved Tensor G3 and OS updates. Screen is also brighter.

Soldato
I'm not sure how much I'd value the telephoto lens as I've had/used a phone with it.
Cameras on the 8 vs 7pro are pretty much the same bar the telephoto.

8 pro has the much improved ultrawide cam. Get the 8 Pro if you can and plan to keep it for a long time. 5 years should be easy if you're not too fussy.

Last edited:
Associate
Or pixel 7? it's still a really good phone the 8 wasn't a massive upgrade over it. good size, not too big. battery life is the same tensor 3 brought no more battery improvements. You can pick one up for about £370

Back
Top Bottom