Google Pixel 9 Series (9/9 Pro/9 Pro XL/9 Pro Fold & Pixel Watch 3)

If anyone is interested in the Pixel Watch 3, you can get 20% off your first order on Very when you pen a credit account with them. Saves £80 on the watch.

I really do hate this subscription world we live in now. I look at the amount of direct debits coming out each month and it's madness.

I remember back in my 20's outside of my household utilities I only had my mobile phone. Now it's a list as long as my arm. Yep interested in Gemini but yeah no chance I am paying £20 a month for that, they are gonna miss a trick with that one, as a lot of people are still on the fence with the whole AI stuff anyway

Yeah another subscription, its crazy. I guess their hope is that you'll find it so useful after having it free for a year that you won't want to be without it, but just puts me off really to give me something they're gonna take away.

Think I'm sticking with my 6, never had a phone for so long..

Yeah another subscription, its crazy. I guess their hope is that you'll find it so useful after having it free for a year that you won't want to be without it, but just puts me off really to give me something they're gonna take away.

Hopefully within a years time, everything in the Pro version of Gemini will drop down to the free tier.

I'll upgrade my 6P to the X fold I think. Unless it's gimped without that weird subscription, in which case I'll abandon the brand all together.
Though I expect others will try it in too.

Not me, I am waiting for details on the S25U (still have a S22U) or at least wait for reviews for Pixels. Tempted to do a trade in but the hassle of signing into everything again isn't worth it personally.

Has anyone actually pre ordered anything this year?
Nothing tempting for me at all , but saying that I have an s24 ultra and 8 pro.

Checked out a comparison between the 8 Pro and 9 Pro XL and the are practically identical on components .

Only real difference being

Screen size (8 pro big enough IMO)
New chip set (slight bump at best )
Memory (I'm not using 12gb on my 8 pro , this is so they can run their newer Gemini nano AI models in memory)
Finger print scanner - perfectly happy with face unlock and finger print scanner on the Pixel 8 pro, pretty much as good as the ultrasonic on my s24 ultra.
Bump up on selfie cam, never use it so not fuzzed.

As we all know , depreciation is horrendous on Pixel devices and we all know there will be massive discounts come black Friday or even earlier .

The only thing that tempts me away from the s24 ultra is the hit and miss camera , I have my 8 pro so the 9 pro doesn't give anything really beyond that from a camera perspective.

Has anyone actually pre ordered anything this year?

I have a my eye on the pink standard 9, but waiting to see if any other good deals crop up.

I am currently on the pixel 8, so not sure I need the minor upgrade. I do have a few old pixels laying around to trade in. £200 for pixel 2 is quite sweet, but certainly the intro offers are a bit underwhelming.

Why do I have to send them a old pixel2 to get an inflatabled rebate. What are they actually gonna do with it ? Its so old now

I would rather just have a £150 pre order discount or some other freebies to choose from. Still use the Bose headphones from a few years back. Cracking deal that was!

Last edited:
Had a look at the Pixel 9 Pro XL in O2, seems pretty smooth, selfies camera is better than my S24 Ultra, unsure about the back cameras.

Considering swapping to the Pro XL from my S24 Ultra, is cheaper monthly too.

Think it's worth the swap?

Anyone have any ideas when reviews are out? I'm seeing random posts mentioning next week, but nothing solid on an actual date. Noticed Google's trade in even accepts my old XZ Premium for £245 for the 9 phones and £345 for the Fold, so leaning towards being tempted now. 6 Pro gets a fair bit more but I plan to use this as a backup phone.

Anyone have any ideas when reviews are out? I'm seeing random posts mentioning next week, but nothing solid on an actual date. Noticed Google's trade in even accepts my old XZ Premium for £245 for the 9 phones and £345 for the Fold, so leaning towards being tempted now. 6 Pro gets a fair bit more but I plan to use this as a backup phone.
From what I've read, there is an embargo in place until 21st Aug, so don't expect much until next Wednesday.

Same. I was thinking about the 9 Pro, but nothing makes me see any value in the £00s to change, especially with a potential future subscription model (**** that!). My 6 still works well, the camera is fine, and the battery lasts all day.

I'm eventually breaking my 4 Samsung device streak and going back to the pixel. Mainly due to Samsung not supporting AptX audio codecs, which is becoming annoying.

For some strange reason the trade in offer on Googles website does not list the latest Samsung releases which was frustrating as it looked like I couldn't do the £200 credit bump for pre-order.

O2 however did have the newer Samsung stuff, with the £200 bonus credit.

I don't think I've done too badly...

Pixel 9 Pro XL 512Gb on a 2 year contract (none of this 4 year malark) and traded my current phone in as credit against monthly payments.

Up Front: £10
Monthly: £76.53
Trade-in: £710 (Samsung S24 Ultra which I bought new for £830)
Adjusted Monthly: £46.95

Last edited:
Same. I was thinking about the 9 Pro, but nothing makes me see any value in the £00s to change, especially with a potential future subscription model (**** that!). My 6 still works well, the camera is fine, and the battery lasts all day.

Yeah I'm actually surprised at how well the battery has held up on my 6.

I have a my eye on the pink standard 9, but waiting to see if any other good deals crop up.

I am currently on the pixel 8, so not sure I need the minor upgrade. I do have a few old pixels laying around to trade in. £200 for pixel 2 is quite sweet, but certainly the intro offers are a bit underwhelming.

Why do I have to send them a old pixel2 to get an inflatabled rebate. What are they actually gonna do with it ? Its so old now

I would rather just have a £150 pre order discount or some other freebies to choose from. Still use the Bose headphones from a few years back. Cracking deal that was!

I still have an old pixel2 which wasn't worth even selling.. But for £200 discount that's pretty good! Still not sure if it's worth it though.. Maybe it'll drop 200 in black friday sales..

Back
Top Bottom