Google Pixel 9 Series (9/9 Pro/9 Pro XL/9 Pro Fold & Pixel Watch 3)

Soldato
Prices do look silly especially for base 128GB. Even an updated Pixel Watch bundled in for free wouldn't be enough for me to bother with the 9 Pro. My 8 Pro will be good for a while yet so, assuming a new Pixel Watch comes out, I might just get that on its own.

Soldato
Probably just going the Samsung way to make sale prices and offers look better.

I get they are a software company and storage is their business, but 128GB is silly now for base spec.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was tempted to go for the fold after seeing how the Galaxy Fold6 went, but now looking at the leaked prices I'm not sure now.

... my 6 Pro is ending up as one of the longest phone I've used...

Soldato
If they're going to continue with these high prices they're need to be more innovative, same applies to Samsung and Apple.Boring devices, demonstrating nothing significantly new to justify the cost/interest.

Camera hardware was the driving force for me in the past, but my interest had waned considerably. I had a Xiaomi 14 Ultra recently and was underwhelmed with the camera, other aspects of the device were more or less negligible. I'm currently using a TCL nxtpaper purchased for £140 that functions perfectly well doing everything that's thrown at it admirably, camera is **** mind you but it's not important for me these days. Also there doesn't seem to be any focus on other hardware areas- no focus on audio dacs for example - miss the Hisense A9 and the LG's that gave us these. I want to spend my money, give me something bloody good to spend it on.

Soldato
We've reached peak design and features quite a few generations ago with smartphones in general I'd say.

Only phone I'm interested in trying is Sony's latest Xperia 1 VI once the second hand prices tumble down.

Soldato
It's missing a 3x zoom to go along with the 5x.

3x is so nice to use for portraits and street photography.
And it need the battery stamina to be kicked up another notch or 2.

Soldato
I've got a 7 Pro and 1st gen Pixel watch - was looking forward to this upgrade but at those prices, I don't know.

It's a lot of money even if they throw in a Pixel 3 watch for free at the start :eek:

Soldato
New video leaks of 9 Pro & 9 XL (on tiktok, sorry in advance...).

Honestly, I'm not liking the look of the protruding camera bar. The videos show it stacked against a S24 Ultra and it's really quite obvious there. Maybe a decent case will make it less obvious.

Caporegime
What's the difference between it and the 8?

Still the same camera, which is great, but I can't see why anyone would be tempted yet.

Back
Top Bottom