** GORGEOUS NEW LG 4K MONITOR - LG 27GN950-B PRE-ORDER NOW **

Associate
This was so close to being perfect. But 4k at such a small screen size just isn't practical IMO. Really need 32" minimum for 4k.
I dunno, 27" is plently big enough for my desktop, Im sitting about 18" away and i wouldnt want any bigger, and at that distance any bigger wouldnt make any difference to the "immersion" feeling, and at 27" it looks great because of the high PPI

Associate
Damn, 4K at 27” must be *sharp*!
The difference between 2k and 4k at 27" isnt as much as the difference between 1080p and 2k, But I still think its worth the upgrade to a 3080 (when you can get one !) as gaming at 100+ FPS , especially in games like Call of Duty Modern Warefare, is incredibke at 4k.

OcUK Staff
OP
@NikTheSHNIK Any idea if a 4k ultrawide panel with similar specs is in the pipeline?

Not off the top of my head.

The first allocation should be landing today or tomorrow. It is not enough to fulfill all the pre-orders, but at least it's over half of them.

If you don't receive a shipped notification by Saturday you'll be on the next stock allocation.

Thanks for your patience and I hope you all enjoy your new monitors!

Associate
Excellent got an order shipped notification:D , unfortunately it will probably sit in the box until my 3090 Strix arrives as i doubt the 1080ti will be doing much in 4k :(

Caporegime
Excellent got an order shipped notification:D , unfortunately it will probably sit in the box until my 3090 Strix arrives as i doubt the 1080ti will be doing much in 4k :(

Give it a try man, I'm running a 5700XT atm with my PG43UQ and *just* about managing at Medium settings and the render res dropped a little :)

Associate
Any idea when the next allocation is due as I'm torn between waiting with my pre-order or just get it from abroad. Currently I'm finishing my build and haven't got a monitor and was really hoping for this one as i managed to get the rtx3080...

Last edited:

Rup

Rup

Associate
If this had been 32" would have bought. I have a 32" 4k now (60 hz) and any smaller and 4k not worth it.
So bought a 32" 165 Hz, 1440p, to tide me over until oled monitors become available.

Back
Top Bottom