got a question regarding updating call of duty

Associate
So another update came out today. Im usinng blizzard to download.

my landline broadband is 18meg . the update downlaods at 1.8MB/s using it .

my 4g data plan has speeds of 80-90 meg. I connect the phone via usb cable and my games on steam and xbox pass all down load at 6.4MB/s - 9MB/s.

BUUUUUUT...

blizzard is downloading usinng my 4g at 1.1mb/s...

so how can blizzard max out my landline at 1.8MB and only use speeds of 1.1 using my 4g data?

Thanks

Caporegime
So another update came out today. Im usinng blizzard to download.

my landline broadband is 18meg . the update downlaods at 1.8MB/s using it .

my 4g data plan has speeds of 80-90 meg. I connect the phone via usb cable and my games on steam and xbox pass all down load at 6.4MB/s - 9MB/s.

BUUUUUUT...

blizzard is downloading usinng my 4g at 1.1mb/s...

so how can blizzard max out my landline at 1.8MB and only use speeds of 1.1 using my 4g data?

Thanks
Chances are your 4G connection is being throttled by your network.

Caporegime
would it not throttle all my downloads... metro last light using xnox app for pc is downloading at 7.3MB and gta v on steam is around 8.1 MB .... just seems to be blizard :(
having said that the Blizzard downloader is trash for not giving full speeds. I'm downloading the update on my PC, I've limited the downloader to 4,500kb/s so I can still stream but it's currently running at 330KB/s. It's awful

Associate
Yep, with the Call of Duty patches, they're so large & so many people get them on the same day that it can highlight bigger capacity issues elsewhere in the network, e.g. the peering connection between your ISP and the CDN that Activision are using. Other stuff might go via a different route so you'd get slow download speeds for Warzone, but things like youtube and netflix would still be fine.

Back
Top Bottom