Got a TFT Wallmount (pics)

Associate
Nomadpete, can you give us some more info on that desk mount?
Like how it mounts to your desk, where you got it from (or a description so we could look it up) and how much it cost etc. etc. very tempting to get one :p

Associate
without the shop name.... do a search for "computing gas-lift arm" in google.co.uk. it's the first result. they only do furniture and chairs and stuff so it's not really a competitor to OcUK, but links to other retailers is still a no-no i guess.

would OcUK ever do a section for this type of stuff?

it was pretty expensive, but can be specced to handle big weights (not just the max they state - they can adjust the gas cylinder), any VESA mount, and a variety of wall/desk mounts. it's the most flexible arm i could find.

mine is a desk-edge clamp model, but it's all modular so could be on anything.

Caporegime
NathanE said:
TFT wallmounts/stands are great. They just seem to look better when the screen appears to be "hovering". Always a talking point for some reason too. The wallmounts seem to have come down in price a lot recently.

Here's my dual TFT stand:

rig3.jpg

I really like that, is it online ? link if its not a competitior is possible.

Associate
Perhaps we should start a wallmounts thread?

These seem like a really good idea, especially the way it looks like its hovering.

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
I really like that, is it online ? link if its not a competitior is possible.
Nah mine is custom made but you can buy ones similar to it. Ergotron and Spacedec/Atdec are two manufacturers that spring to mind. Mine was built to the exact dimensions of a discontinued Spacedec model.

Associate
nomadpete said:
lovely looking stand there nathan. what screens are those? look pretty smart.

i think TFTs waste a lot of potential if they're NOT on an arm/wall mount. once you've used one on a completely flexible arm you'll never want to go back.

i picked one up a few years ago, and have since persuaded most of my office to switch over - so now i have an arm at home, at one in the office. the desk space and flexibility is just fantastic.

here's the one at home - has a full range of movement, including pivot, which is useful occasionally!

i'd heartily recommend anyone with a TFT to get one!

pho_monitorarm.jpg

Oh my goodness!

Soldato
I'd like to get dual TFT arm to free up some desk space and get that cool hovering look. I'm currently looking at the Comrac LA Series, and have found a place (competitor) selling the dual mount for £195.

Is there any place (non-competitors) where I could find a similar stand cheaper? I've researched quite a bit and the Ergotron range looks nice, but I've been unable to find an online retailer shipping them to the UK :(

Back
Top Bottom