• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Got an exchange at last!!!

Soldato
I sent this back 2 months ago faulty :PowerColor ATI Radeon X850 XT PE 256MB DDR3 VIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-043-PC)

I just spoke to OcUK and they are sending me this: XFX GeForce 7600 GT XXX Edition 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (PVT73G-UDD7) (GX-079-XF)

You guys know best, is this a good exchange after 10 months use on the old AGP card????

Cheers

kbc said:
I believe it is better, but you're happy that they're sending you back a PCI-E card instead of an AGP?

TBH mate I went and brought a Lanparty Ultra-D board and a X1900XT 512mb card as I knew it would take a while and it took 2 months!!!

I'll be selling it off and putting the money back on the credit card any ways, just thought PCI would sell better than an AGP so I asked for the PCI instead, had to haggle a bit as I was offered a £100 card firstly, but then was offered a £150 in the end :D

Just wanted to make sure it was a fair deal!!

LoadsaMoney said:
7600 GT is around 6800 Ultra performance, id say its an appaling exchange as you'll never get that in an AGP slot. :p

LMAO Loadsa I thought I'd been stitched for a second then :( lol

Current card is much better!!

MM it is I think then!! ;)

sorry double bubble post :rolleyes:

Sounds fairly reasonable, although you'd be suprised how healthy the AGP maket can be. Fast AGP cards (6800GT or above) actually tend to carry a premium over PCI-E due to their rarity and the fact that that side of the industry is moving much slower (i.e. AGP cards don't get superseded so quickly).

I'd say that an agp x850xt-pe would probably fetch more secondhand than a fancy PCI-E 7600GT, although in performance terms they are pretty equal.

HangTime said:
Sounds fairly reasonable, although you'd be suprised how healthy the AGP maket can be. Fast AGP cards (6800GT or above) actually tend to carry a premium over PCI-E due to their rarity and the fact that that side of the industry is moving much slower (i.e. AGP cards don't get superseded so quickly).

I'd say that an agp x850xt-pe would probably fetch more secondhand than a fancy PCI-E 7600GT, although in performance terms they are pretty equal.

Agreed, but to a true gamer/overclocker it's all about the performance :D

Back
Top Bottom