Got me a Euro Wii - Clue me in!

Associate
Hey chaps,

I have just secured a Euro (German) Wii for my 7 year old daughter which is great; and I didn't pay through the nose.

The thing is, I am not sure what comes in the box and what I will need to just set it up on Xmas day. I know it is the standard Wii with 5 games (on one disc); What i don't know is if it will come with a SCART connector as i do not have composite in on my Tele; or how many controllers / nunchucks you get with it.

Also what games would be great for a blast on xmas day for the whole family?

Associate
OP
Wouldnt you need a plug converter too?

Like the ones you take on holiday but the other way around?

Yup converter plug - Knew i forgot something phew!! Just looked and they are only 2 quid :)

thanks @ Durzel . As long as it has SCART I am sweet and now just need games - What about this Mario Olympics thingy... Sounds like fun, hopefully like Daly Thompsons Decathlon.

Associate
OP
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Wario Ware, Rayman 1/2 and Mario Strikers are games I've found to be great MP games. There are more, I'm sure, but I don't own them.

Cheers Syph,

I havn't had a console since my dreamcast, and while this will be my daughters I'm sure to snag a go too. i just wanted her and the family to have fun and forget a truly pants year -just for one day.

Have looked at reviews of mario and sonic at the olympics and will pick that up. Cheers.

Associate
OP
I'm sure too. It's a game you could play together, as there's a mode which allows a second remote to collect the stars about.

Don't forget an extra remote and nunchuck. It's worth getting Wii Play for the second remote, as it's got some decent remote training games on. Billiards/pool in particular I found to be entertaining, and laser hockey. Worth the fiver on top of a remote.

Cool idea, thanks Syph. So I need to get:

1 Euro to UK adaptor.
1 Wii play (comes with Wiimote)
1 Wii Nunchuck
1 Sonic and Mario at the Olympics

I reckon that will do (Galaxy and other games will wait), Plus I know someone with a stack of Gamecube games which I belive this will play.

This is going to be a stonking Christmas! (as long as she doesn't prefer to play with the empty box :rolleyes: )

Associate
OP
Bet he'll be able to borrow them off said mate :)

I had to purchase 2 VC pads for some old skool SNES nostalgia with the now not so little brother. I still kick his ass at Street Fighter... makes up for the thrashings I get on Pro Evo! :p If you like your classics the Shop is worth a look over Christmas too.

Oh yes. Oh the joys of having kids and being ables to buy them toys I wanna play with!

Am so glad I chose to get her a Wii instead of a 360 or PS3. She won't notice the lesser graphics but will definately love the ease of play and the fun of the Wii.

Thanks so much @ all

Merry Xmas ! :p

Associate
OP
Could I upgrade that 512 to more?

Again apologies if I'm de-railing this thread at all, but I'm sure if the op is as much of a noob as me with Wii's he'll be getting "clued in" by the answers to my questions :)

Cheers,

G

You carry on Sir, the more information the better. I knew nothing of the Wiis capabilities until the kind Gents in here filled in the gaps. Cummon UPS and deliver I need to "try out" the Wii just to make sure it works ;)

Back
Top Bottom