Got pulled over, what's going to happen?

One

One

Soldato
So I was driving through a 30 and a car came up my rear, I sped up a bit to 40, they started to back off. I then turn onto an NSL road and go 60-70. I leave the car behind. NSL road turns back into a 30 so I slow down again to 30-40ish. This car is a police car and obviously sped to catch up to me, put the lights on and I pulled over when it was safe.

I didn't get a ticket or anything but she said she would inform my company (i'm in the company car scheme) and tell them I was driving dangerously and if she needed to she would pull the ANPR camera footage to show this.

I've been working for 14 hours was on my way home, tired just wanting to get to sleep and I'm worried I didn't show enough remorse. Should I send an appeal/warning letter to my HR department in advance or wait to see if anything comes of it?

Soldato
If she didn't give you a verbal NIP then she just wants to **** you up. She's given you a rollocking. Now move on and take it a bit easy.
Speeding whilst tired is dangerous

I doubt she'll do anything.

You didn't sign anything did you

Soldato
I wouldn't worry, sounds like it was just a verbal warning. Surely she would have given you a ticket on the spot otherwise?

As for informing your company...hows that going to go?
"Hi, I'm Officer Dandy, I stopped one of your drivers the other night driving dangerously"
"Oh. Did you give him a ticket/points/fine?"
"No"
"..."

What would be the point?

One

One

Soldato
OP
I did say before leaving which I now regret, "I don't think I was driving dangerously" to which the officer said "well I disagree and I will report what I think. Don't crash on the way home"

I wasn't given any papers and I didn't sign anything. Was I just unlucky to be in front of a police car on a boring tuesday night?

Associate
Similar thing happend to me a few years ago, never heard anything though, sometimes they just say stuff to scare some sense into you, if she never gave you a ticket or even a yellow slip to say why u were stopped don't worry. also just doing 30 in a 40 is not classed as dangerous driving, unless you were under taking or doing some other crazyness, just speeding 10mph over is far from it.

Soldato
Report to who? She's the police officer, if she thinks you were driving dangerously, it's her responsibility to book you, not your company's!

She may as well have said she's gonna phone your mum :p

One

One

Soldato
OP
Report to who? She's the police officer, if she thinks you were driving dangerously, it's her responsibility to book you, not your company's!

She may as well have said she's gonna phone your mum :p

I suppose if she didn't book me but did inform my company and as a result I suffered financial loss I'd be able to sue her. She didn't even give me her name.

I think she might have picked on me too seeing as I'm young and in a shiny red 63 plate S3.

Just could have done without it really, I'm also lucky I didn't happen to be properly gunning it. I'll just have to assume that unless I know for sure then the car behind me could very easily be the police.

Soldato
Wouldn't worry about it at all. It's always seems to be female officers who pull crap like that.

I dealt with someone right up my rear end by taking it up at 110 before the lights came on :( thankfully the officer just had a moan at me and told me to calm the jets before I wipe myself out. I mentioned it on here with my when the guy could only say 'in excess of 95 in a 50'.

One

One

Soldato
OP
Wouldn't worry about it at all. It's always seems to be female officers who pull crap like that.

I dealt with someone right up my rear end by taking it up at 110 before the lights came on :( thankfully the officer just had a moan at me and told me to calm the jets before I wipe myself out. I mentioned it on here with my when the guy could only say 'in excess of 95 in a 50'.

I think the majority of these messages have been reassuring. I guess I should just count myself lucky I wasn't issued a ticket, hope she doesn't go out of her way to write some scathing letter about me to my HR department and carry on my way, but just a little slower.

I suppose any letter can be simply countered by saying she didn't book me so she's lying.

Soldato
So I was driving through a 30 and a car came up my rear, I sped up a bit to 40, they started to back off. I then turn onto an NSL road and go 60-70. I leave the car behind. NSL road turns back into a 30 so I slow down again to 30-40ish. This car is a police car and obviously sped to catch up to me, put the lights on and I pulled over when it was safe.

I didn't get a ticket or anything but she said she would inform my company (i'm in the company car scheme) and tell them I was driving dangerously and if she needed to she would pull the ANPR camera footage to show this.

I've been working for 14 hours was on my way home, tired just wanting to get to sleep and I'm worried I didn't show enough remorse. Should I send an appeal/warning letter to my HR department in advance or wait to see if anything comes of it?

She fancies you, well done, on the eyelash fluttering! drive past again and see if she's up for some jiggy jiggy! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I doubt anything will happen now, or that she'll even report it to your company. Hardly the most dangerous driving ever :p She's just bitter that you left her for dust in the NSL ;)

what would the ANPR show? her getting a bit close, you pulling away a bit, you going up to the next speed limit....then back down again, all be it a few mph out ;) SUCH DRAMA!!! :p

also +1 for "was she fit?"

Back
Top Bottom