Got to be a Dell but £3500 to play with - Spec me out!

Associate
My Boss says I can get a new PC cause my old ones not doing so good.

It has to be from Dell as thats were they get their kit I guess they have an account there and they like to have the support but I have got a good few K to play with (£3500 Max with 2 monitors)

My required spec
2 monitors (just used to having two now)

XP Pro not Vista (for obvious reasons)

A good games machine (we often play online games here) so the best card available that can run two digi monitors I guess

I run a lot of CS3 apps open together and at the minute my machine crookes so I'm guessing a shed load of dually corey processesor thing and lots of them!

keep hearing cooling is important - take your advice though

Ram - dont know whats good or not

Cant think of anything else apart from maybe its quiet the old machine sounds like a plane landing

Thanks in advance

Soldato
PeteTheFeet said:
My Boss says I can get a new PC cause my old ones not doing so good.

It has to be from Dell as thats were they get their kit I guess they have an account there and they like to have the support but I have got a good few K to play with (£3500 Max with 2 monitors)

My required spec
2 monitors (just used to having two now)

XP Pro not Vista (for obvious reasons)

A good games machine (we often play online games here) so the best card available that can run two digi monitors I guess

I run a lot of CS3 apps open together and at the minute my machine crookes so I'm guessing a shed load of dually corey processesor thing and lots of them!

keep hearing cooling is important - take your advice though

Ram - dont know whats good or not

Cant think of anything else apart from maybe its quiet the old machine sounds like a plane landing

Thanks in advance

If you've got 3.5k just spec. up an XPS with everything inc. 2 x 2407's

Associate
OP
ok should have made myself a little bit clearer after I read it back - it is 100% dell direction.

What I would like is more a comparison to show the boss saying for the money we could get a much better machine from ThingyThingy.com who still support business and everything.

I know with you lots expertise that dell's machines at that level may be good but realistically you can probably get a much better machine somewhere else possibly cheaper too.

Problem is I dont know what spec machine and from where to get it (professionally built, tech supported etc)

Sorry for being a bit Vague! :confused:

Soldato
V|per said:
um, doesn't that class as a competitor? dunno if we'd be allowed to actually spec you anything other than monitors there...

Nah, I've posted multiple threads on Dell & they don't seem to mind (sorry if you do OcUK :p).

Craig.

Associate
PeteTheFeet said:
ok should have made myself a little bit clearer after I read it back - it is 100% dell direction.

What I would like is more a comparison to show the boss saying for the money we could get a much better machine from ThingyThingy.com who still support business and everything.

I know with you lots expertise that dell's machines at that level may be good but realistically you can probably get a much better machine somewhere else possibly cheaper too.

Problem is I dont know what spec machine and from where to get it (professionally built, tech supported etc)

Sorry for being a bit Vague! :confused:
i cant check atm cos their site seems to be broke but im pretty sure dell sell the highest end of everything and all prebuilt machines of the same spec are the same.

Back
Top Bottom