Government citizen surveilance program

Caporegime
Personally I'd be less "worried" about the Chinese army intercepting my data than the British government. They are less likely to be able to do anything with it...

Tell that to former employees of Nortel.

On the contrary, you appear to have been brainwashed into believing that Islamic fundamentalism is more dangerous than all the previous terrorist groups and that our civil liberties should be removed piece by piece to stop the possible threat of an retaliatory attack.

The fact our way of life is being eroded piece by piece by western governments means the "terrorists" are well on their way to winning.

What do you mean by retaliatory attack? Retaliation for what - merely being a kuffir?

TBH I've never been a fan of those in "power". The old adage "power corrupts" is true in my experience and so the less power they have the better. It's the reason we need due process, to help keep those in power on the straight and narrow. This due process just so happens to be what is being weakened and removed by those IN power now.

True but I think our system of government while being far from perfect is better than most and I'd certainly rather live here than in an Islamic State, which will be the consequence of not allowing the security services to do their jobs and monitor those who would impose one on us.

Soldato
The only thing that worries me is that if data is being gathered for "Intelligence" by the government, then this data can be stolen and/or gathered by others. It'll never end, if it's plugged into the outside world, it can be got at. Only way to be sure is to inconvenience yourself and have the data you care about on a closed/internal network only.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think your very naive.

259aas1.jpg

Associate

Very mature, you managed sift through a collection of unfunny jpegs and found that one.

golf clap.. you mastered internet humor ..

hows about you come up with a sensible argument instead of trolling ? do you even know what my post was about considering it wasn't even to do with the thread..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tell that to former employees of Nortel.

that appears to be targeted industrial espionage, not mass collecting of personal data?

What do you mean by retaliatory attack? Retaliation for what - merely being a kuffir?

Last time I checked we have been at war in the Middle East for the last 13 years... Not to mention the hundreds/thousands of extrajurisdictional drone killings in multiple countries around the area.

The reality is that it's a little short sighted to not realise that people we are killing in their own countries may try and hatch plans to kill us in ours. It was George Bush that declared a "Global War on Terror" after all.

True but I think our system of government while being far from perfect is better than most and I'd certainly rather live here than in an Islamic State, which will be the consequence of not allowing the security services to do their jobs and monitor those who would impose one on us.
I agree to the first point, however the more we remove safeguards designed to protect us the more we become like them.

However the idea that Islamic State would be able to take over the UK is the security services weren't allowed to look wholesale into our emails is ridiculous at best. I know you have an unhealthy dislike for multiculturalism in the UK but we are a VERY long way off any form of Islamic State here or anywhere near here...

Last edited:
Caporegime
So as this saga continues the more comes to the light - shocker. The government have admitted security services can and have intercepted communications between lawyers and clients. This information can then be shared with outside bodies and in one case, privileged information was "inappropriately passed to lawyers involved in litigation against the agencies where "the potential for tainting" was identified."

For now at least, this seems wholly inappropriate!

Permabanned
So as this saga continues the more comes to the light - shocker. The government have admitted security services can and have intercepted communications between lawyers and clients. This information can then be shared with outside bodies and in one case, privileged information was "inappropriately passed to lawyers involved in litigation against the agencies where "the potential for tainting" was identified."

For now at least, this seems wholly inappropriate!

They've been doing that before the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Finucane

Two public investigations concluded that elements of the British security forces colluded in Finucane's murder and there have been high-profile calls for a public inquiry. However, in October 2011, it was announced that a planned public inquiry would be replaced by a less wide-ranging review. This review, led by Desmond Lorenz de Silva, released a report in December 2012 acknowledging that the case entailed "a wilful and abject failure by successive Governments";[6][7] however, Finucane's family called the De Silva report a "sham"[8]

Back
Top Bottom